Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

3 hours ago, uncdds12 said:

Hello.  We have 5 tours booked between them and their sister company, Spain day tours.    Can anyone please give us guidance on appropriate tipping etiquette?  We will be a party of 2 couples and have never had both a guide and drive. We want to make sure we tip appropriately.  Thank you.

Tips are not required in Europe.  Only American tourists feel that they have to do it.  The guides and drivers are paid full wages and benefits, not like in the US.  If it makes you feel better or if you had great service, tip the guide 20 euros and 10-20 for the driver. That's for the tour, not per person. 

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were heading to Rome, where we'd already booked a tour with someone else.  A few days before Rome we got a notice from the vendor that they couldn't accommodate us, after all.  We were totally panicked!  I had heard of Italy Tours from our roll call, and contacted them.  They were able to take us in a small van with some others.  The driver was amazingly courteous and professional.  Our goal was to see the Coliseum, which we did.  Because we were so late booking, we couldn't get into the Vatican museum with the rest of our group, so we opted to wander instead.  The driver gave us great ideas and good instructions of where to find him when we were tired of walking.  Yes, I'd definitely book with Italy Tours again!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2023 at 7:03 PM, bianks said:

italytours.eu are significantly cheaper and we are hoping to use them too, provided recent feedback and reviews is still great?! 

Most of us last took tours with ItalyTours in the fall at the end of tourist season. I think their tours were great in November 2022, and I'd highly recommend using them!

• Like 1

They may have raised their prices, but I think are still competitive.  They gave me a quote for a 2 person private Amalfi coast tour had me submit my payment but then came back apologizing that they sent me forms and info from pre-covid.  Ended up adding 120 euros to the total cost.  Wasn't too happy with that - but still seems reasonable and they do get such great reviews.

1 hour ago, RTR 21-0 said:

For the small group Amalfi Coast tours do they keep it at 6-8 guests per van as advertised and are there enough windows in the vans that each guest can see views while traveling? 

We had like 10-12 people on our Amalfi Coast tour. Every row was split with 2 seats on each side, so we definitely had a good view.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 5:11 PM, Piper77 said:

They may have raised their prices, but I think are still competitive.  They gave me a quote for a 2 person private Amalfi coast tour had me submit my payment but then came back apologizing that they sent me forms and info from pre-covid.  Ended up adding 120 euros to the total cost.  Wasn't too happy with that - but still seems reasonable and they do get such great reviews.

Would you mind telling how much the two person tour was? Thanks.

17 hours ago, burnabyjean said:

I was eventually quoted 498 Euros for 2 for the Amalfi coast drive / tour.  Were you given a price as well?

1 hour ago, Piper77 said:

I was eventually quoted 498 Euros for 2 for the Amalfi coast drive / tour.  Were you given a price as well?

We're not sailing until December, so I'm just in the planning stages. I haven't approached them yet, but I just wanted a rough idea of what we might be looking at. Thanks for the response!

18 hours ago, burnabyjean said:

We used Aldo Limo in Sept 2019.  It was $450 for a 9hr day. We were a party of 4.  Most tour companies charge about the same rate.

The beauty of having a private driver is that you can customize your itinerary, within reason.  Some companies are more flexible than others. Find another couple on your Roll Call to share the cost. 

Edited by mapleleaves

Can someone comment on the van? We were told it was 3 rows of 3 seats. First row for driver and 2 passengers, next two rows 3 passengers each   My question is if the van is difficult to enter! If you’re in the third row, do you have to climb over the other two rows or is there a door such as a regular car? Would appreciate any information. 

20 minutes ago, bianks said:

would love to hear back from anyone who used italytours.eu for a fully private tour to the coast & pompeii!! We have just booked! 

We would love the info as well. We have 5 private tours booked between them and their sister company, Spain Day Tours. 

22 minutes ago, suezyq50 said:

We have 4 tours booked with them in June, NCL Epic cruise.  Someone made the comment to me they were a "glorified taxi"  I am wondering how the guide was.

Thanks

I used them extensively in the past and will be using them exclusively for a 30-day trip next year.

I am also looking for good info about a private tour of the Amalfi Coast.

I have considered a cheaper option.  A car/tour service that is actually based out of Sorrento.

But, there is far more feedback on ItalyTours.

We were hoping for less than 500EU.   But that might be just what it is!

How close to the main towns and waterfront are they able to drop you off?

Where did you have lunch?

Where did your drivers recommend for lunch, food, drinks?

Edited by Wishing on a star

5 hours ago, suezyq50 said:

We have 4 tours booked with them in June, NCL Epic cruise.  Someone made the comment to me they were a "glorified taxi"  I am wondering how the guide was.

Thanks

It depends on the tour. On the tour to Mt Etna and Taormina, there wasn't a lot of talking. But on the tours to Pompeii/Amalfi Coast and to Florence, we had actual guides that were more interactive and really interesting.

5 hours ago, suezyq50 said:

Thanks

We had them booked for 4 tours on a cruise which was cancelled because of the pandemic.  Our entire roll call was involved and looking forward to our trip.  They were great about returning our money or deposits.  We also had Spain Day Tours booked in 3 ports for that cancelled cruise.  We were told they were "sister" companies but I don't have proof of that.

With that said we were on Celebrity Apex last September and used Spain Day Tours in 3 ports.  2 of the 3 tours were wonderful with great drivers and/or guides.  The only port that was not great was the guide from LaCoruna to Santiago de Compostela.  She was a college student who talked too fast, left all of us in the dust and went to a bakery and never came back.  Spain Day Tours gave me a voucher for the poor experience which I plan to use next year.

We had great guides in Oporto and Cartagena   We used private guides or ship's excursions in the rest. That is our experience with both companies.  Hope it helps.  

On 4/16/2023 at 2:02 PM, suezyq50 said:

Thanks

I wouldn't say that's true.  I used them last year for their Florence & Pisa tour from La Spezia.  The driver provided some commentary and suggestions during the trip and was very accommodating in terms of making sure we had enough time to still see Leaning Tower in Pisa, even though there were traffic delays getting there.  The guide they provided for Florence portion was excellent.  I would use them again.

• Like 1

I have a bit of a silly question, but I emailed italytours.eu and they have 2 spots available on the day we want to do a tour. They emailed asking for my name and cruise ship etc and said they will "bill me asap". That was yesterday and haven't heard from them today. They haven't taken any credit card info so I'm not sure how they bill me. I'm just getting anxious because I really want this tour! lol. Do they send a secure link thru their email or?

Edited by nyletak