Aussie travel insurance

We currently use Travel Insurance Direct - TID. They have a great app that has all your info available at your fingertips once you buy a plan. Have used Covermore who are great too, both Companies have comparable rates for any areas you want to cruise - a little cheaper here / a little dearer there. Please note to date (fortunately) we haven’t made a claim with either but all the research I did and reviews from other people were much like Cruise Critic reviews, make up your own mind in the end. My advise is do your own research and find something that suits your needs as no one knows those better than you.

So, that’s who we use, not just for cruises either by the way. Hope it helps.

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are referring to Domestic cruise insurance, then TID, Insure and Go, Covermore, Australia Post. No matter what one you decide to go with, make sure you read the PDS and only buy insurance that actually covers you for what you want and need. Note that many of these are online and if you have any pre existing conditions make sure you call them and get clarification as to coverage.

If you are referring to Domestic cruise insurance, then TID, Insure and Go, Covermore, Australia Post. No matter what one you decide to go with, make sure you read the PDS and only buy insurance that actually covers you for what you want and need. Note that many of these are online and if you have any pre existing conditions make sure you call them and get clarification as to coverage.

Absolutely agree Mic - doing homework is essential. You need to be as sure as possible that what you are buying is what you want as near as you are able - or if in doubt get advice from insurance experts. It is after all just another form of insurance ;)

Hi rose, thanks for your reply. Currently looking at both you suggested. We had to use ours in june (wont name the company) as had a few things go wrong and lets just say i wont be using them again. I like the idea of TID having an app.

And the app is actually fairly easy to use [emoji57]

I have taken out insurance with raa and filled out the pre exciting conditions hospital admissions etc.i took out the insurance when I made the final payment and my cruise is in January but since them my husband has been in hospital

Do I need to tell them about this

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have taken out insurance with raa and filled out the pre exciting conditions hospital admissions etc.i took out the insurance when I made the final payment and my cruise is in January but since them my husband has been in hospital

Do I need to tell them about this

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would - this disclosure will be required in the fine print in the policy.

If the price goes up too much, don't be afraid to get other quotes and if necessary cancel existing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Agree

I've used TID for cruising and air/land based travel and will continue to use for land. For cruising I have switched to Insure & Go as I prefer their approach to pte existing conditions.

Caveat - I have never made a claim!

I also switched to InsureandGo for our upcoming cruise. I made a pre-existing declaration for breast cancer diagnosed and treated four years ago and this is the first time an insurance company has not charged me an excess! We were also able to purchase a medical only policy which a few of the companies now offer.

Some years ago I was using Covermore but have given them away due to their attitude to pre-existing conditions - USA is a no no with them. In recent years I have been using InsureAndGo and have found them good to deal with and their pricing is good even with the excesses for pre-existing. I must say though that I have never had to submit a claim and at the end of the day how they handle claims is the true test of a company. So from that angle I can't comment.

Some years ago I was using Covermore but have given them away due to their attitude to pre-existing conditions - USA is a no no with them. In recent years I have been using InsureAndGo and have found them good to deal with and their pricing is good even with the excesses for pre-existing. I must say though that I have never had to submit a claim and at the end of the day how they handle claims is the true test of a company. So from that angle I can't comment.

We have used InsureandGo a couple of times and will again for our next cruise at the end of February. They are very good for pre existing conditions at a reasonable cost and when we made a claim, they were very easy to deal with.

Leigh

NRMA. We both have pre existing conditions, are on the wrong side of young but have been insured with them for cars and houses for years. It counts. We buy whole world, whole year travel insurance every year and we know we're covered for anything. NRMA are also very competitive.

NRMA. We both have pre existing conditions, are on the wrong side of young but have been insured with them for cars and houses for years. It counts. We buy whole world, whole year travel insurance every year and we know we're covered for anything. NRMA are also very competitive.

We used them once but didn't need to make a claim. Now that is when a good company shines.