FTTF Issue

kikimom

We (re)booked our cruise in September (after our initial departure was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma) and early dining was wait-listed. A week or two later, FTTF became available and we booked that. I called Carnival about switching our reservation to early dining and they told me to call again closer to our cruise date if it didn't change on our cruise details page.

Our cruise departs this coming Saturday and our cruise details still shows early dining wait-listed, so I called again this morning and was told it was unlikely we'd be switched to our preference, but we could check once we're on board. I pointed out that dining seating preference was one of the perks for FTTF and the rep told me it wasn't guaranteed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and my call was dropped rather than transferred.

I plan to call again tomorrow, but wanted to get advice from the knowledgeable folks here to see if I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for your help..

We (re)booked our cruise in September (after our initial departure was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma) and early dining was wait-listed. A week or two later, FTTF became available and we booked that. I called Carnival about switching our reservation to early dining and they told me to call again closer to our cruise date if it didn't change on our cruise details page.

Our cruise departs this coming Saturday and our cruise details still shows early dining wait-listed, so I called again this morning and was told it was unlikely we'd be switched to our preference, but we could check once we're on board. I pointed out that dining seating preference was one of the perks for FTTF and the rep told me it wasn't guaranteed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and my call was dropped rather than transferred.

I plan to call again tomorrow, but wanted to get advice from the knowledgeable folks here to see if I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for your help..

At this point I think all they could do is offer you a refund, I would wait until I was onboard and address the issue, these on land folks can't do anything but the ship people will have better chance to fix it.

This past June, there were some FTTF that opened up about a month prior to our cruise date. I purchased it for both rooms, as we booked only around 8 weeks prior to sailing and didn’t have Early Dining as an option. It showed waitlisted up until the night before we boarded. Upon receiving our S&S card, I was happily surprised that we had Early dining listed.

Go to the MDR upon boarding, if your S&S card doesn’t reflect your choice. The maitre’d will do his/her best to accommodate you.

Choice of dining isn't guaranteed with FTTF. Having it places you at the top of the waiting list, right behind platinums.

Good luck and hope you have a great cruise.

That's what the rep told me (it's not guaranteed). However, nowhere on the description of FTTF does it say that. Hopeful we'll get it corrected on board. Thanks!

Does anybody in your group have special needs? That could help.

I booked my 2/7/16 cruise on 11/22/15, and I never purchased FTTF. My mom and I were waitlisted for early dining. My mom is diabetic. Our request cleared 1/25/16.

My husband is diabetic, so I will include that when I call tomorrow. Thanks!

That's what the rep told me (it's not guaranteed). However, nowhere on the description of FTTF does it say that. Hopeful we'll get it corrected on board. Thanks!

It says priority reservations, not guaranteed reservations.

If it doesn't get changed prior to sailing I hope the maitre d' will be able to change it for you. I have had good luck with that and many others here have posted success.

If you can't get Early, get Your Time Dining and just go first thing.

It says it right here:

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

If you have FTTF and anytime dining, does that mean when you get to the dining room if there is a wait you will be put ahead of others waiting?

No, sorry. The priority in regards to dining only refers to reservations (i.e., gaining your preferred dining times and reservations at specialty restaurants). See the comment above where the poster quoted the description of the benefit.