14 day cruise??

Txcruiser82

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I think it is.

I used to find that by the time I was getting very relaxed on a cruise that it was time to think about packing and the end of the cruise. On a 14 day cruise once you are fully relaxed you still have many days to go. I can't think of any cons unless you don't like the cruise.

Keith

On the other hand, when we do a 14 day cruise (or actually 2 7-day B2B), we find it excruciatingly painful to then wait a year for our next cruise...

So, we prefer 2 separate cruises, spaced out evenly to shorten the wait between cruises. But even a 6 month wait is painful :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did a B2B on the Breeze a couple of years ago - a 6 day and then an 8 day. I absolutely loved it!! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again and the ships out of Pt. Canaveral normally switch from east to west to south Caribbean.

I loved the Breeze (been on her numerous times) and am thrilled that she will be in Pt. Canaveral - it's only an hour and a half drive for us and Pt. Canaveral is a great port to sail from.

We usually do b2b 7 day cruises out of NOLA and it is absolutely fantastic. What we love about the b2b is that the shows repeat so you don't feel like you're "missing out" if you choose the comedy club or something instead of going to the show. We treat the Sunday in between like a port day in NOLA.

We're trying out our first true 14 Day cruise on the Breeze repositioning from Galveston to Orlando in Sept 2018, it will be interesting to see the differences between the b2b experience and a true 14 day experience.

We usually do b2b 7 day cruises out of NOLA and it is absolutely fantastic. What we love about the b2b is that the shows repeat so you don't feel like you're "missing out" if you choose the comedy club or something instead of going to the show. We treat the Sunday in between like a port day in NOLA.

We're trying out our first true 14 Day cruise on the Breeze repositioning from Galveston to Orlando in Sept 2018, it will be interesting to see the differences between the b2b experience and a true 14 day experience.

They have more and different activities on the ship, they have an expanded MDR menu so you have fewer repeats, stockholder credit OBC is $250 rather than two $100s, there will be changes to the entertainers during the cruise, but you will only get one set of VIFP loyalty gifts per person, not 2. :D

Great idea. We actually are doing 7 day Carnival, 10 day Celebrity then 14 day MSC starting Saturday with a couple of land days in between. We love 12 plus days at a time. 7 just too short unless we tag a land stay before and it after. Safe journeys

So I've been on 2, 7 day cruises with carnival so far. The wife and i are contemplating on a 14 day cruise. Is it worth it? Pros/cons?

We were on one 14 day cruise repositioning from tampa to Baltimore and found 14 to be a bit too long. The last couple of days were kind of boring. However, it was also still cold in Baltimore, so the last days were inside for the most part. If the weather was warm for the entire cruise or cold in the beginning and warm at the end, it would have probably been better.

as we get older and have more available travel time, we like longer vacations, 2 week minimums. Our last 3 cruises were a 21 day B2B out of New Orleans, 10 and 11 days on the Dream. Last year we did a 14 day B2B on the Magic and in January a 14 day trans-canal from L.A. to Tampa, plus 3 extra days in Tampa. We never felt bored. We also would never sail out of a northern port in the winter. We have heard of ships leaving Baltimore with 10 " of snow on the Lido Deck, no thanks.

One thing to consider.

Apparently Carnival uses flyons only for longer journey cruises. As a result each journey has the same acts doing the same shows.

Luckily on our recent Journey to Alaska they did have some excellent comedians or our evenings would have been rather boring.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I think it is.

I used to find that by the time I was getting very relaxed on a cruise that it was time to think about packing and the end of the cruise. On a 14 day cruise once you are fully relaxed you still have many days to go. I can't think of any cons unless you don't like the cruise.

Keith

Thanks for the welcome.