We repurchased photo package online and they make you purchase again once onboard!

So we just got off the liberty Sunday and prior to the cruise we purchased the 20 print photo package for $199 and once onboard when we went to pick out the photos we wanted on the last sea day we were told we had to re purchase the photo package at the current rate and then they would refund us! We asked 3 different people about this because I couldn't understand the reason behind it and they all said it was their policy. They could see on my account that I had already paid for it. Anyways we went ahead and picked out our photos and paid for the package at the current price of $239 and then had to wait for over a hour to get the refund and now that I'm home and look at my credit card statement online I show they haven't refunded me for it yet. It shows pending so hopefully It will fall off in a few days but what what a hassle!! So right now I have $438 tied up in photos waiting for my refund of $239. Is this a new policy? Does anyone know why they make you re buy it and then wait to get the refund? Thank you :)

Bob, I read it as they refunded the same amount as what they had to pay on board. Either way very strange and I'd be calling Miami as to inquire why.

Yes, I see that the OP said they are waiting for a $239 refund, thanks. Very odd.

I purchased the all photo package on line before our Oasis cruise in July 2017. We did not have to do that at all, as a matter of fact, we got a letter in our stateroom that said the photo package was on sale and that they gave us an on board credit of $69 for the price difference.

Yes they are refunding the amount they charged us the 2nd time but now here I am 4 days later waiting for the charge to drop off my credit card. What I was thinking tho was is most wait till the last day to handle their pictures what if by then they don't have enough money left to purchase it again and wait for the refund? I put it on my credit card but if someone had to do that on a debit card it could cause them problems ya know? Anyways I hadn't

heard of it being done this way before. Most in our group had pre purchased and all of us had to do this. Next time I think I would purchase onboard for the higher price just to not have the hassle of waiting for the refund.

I would have spoken to a supervisor of some sort on the ship. There is NO plausible reason for this "needing" to be done. If they're just going to refund it again, then they can not charge it again in the first place.

I really really really feel the same way.

Why did you agree to do this, luvmy2redheads? Why didn't you just say, "We already paid for it. Here's my email confirmation. I'm not paying you again. Please give me my 20 photos."

We did speak to a supervisor and he told us the same thing. they said its their policy and we could do it that way or they could refund us our $199 we paid online and not have a package at all. Some did go with the refund verses paying again and left with no pics. I was surprised because we hadn't heard anything prior to the cruise about this being a thing. We heard them tell others the same that they told us. So frustrating! We argued with them about it and they could see we had paid in advance but it didn't matter.

Then I'd be getting Guest Services involved. I know that the photo people are a separate entity, like the spa people, but they still operate symbiotically under a contract with Royal Caribbean, and I would think that RCI would have something to say about the fact that the photo company is engaging in shady business practices.