Grand suite benefits

So obviously I must be a dummy. I can not figure out how to use the search feature on these boards. Also could not find this info on the RCCL website.

Was just able to upgrade to grand suite on the Jewel and was hoping someone out there could tell me what to expect as far as benefits.

Also are the drinks in the concierge lounge the same as the Diamond lounge or would you be able to get a mojito there? Are the evening cocktail hours similar to the Diamond lounge?

Thank you so much for any info you can provide!

Thank you so much. That is the exact info I spent all morning looking for !!

I am excited for my first time in a full suite.

You're welcome and remember you will probably be spoiled and have to sail in a suite from now on.

You're welcome and remember you will probably be spoiled and have to sail in a suite from now on.

They are addictive , after taking 50 cruises tried GS and now have done 5 in a row with a 6th booked, on concierge lounge , drinks are the same but they have more waiters serving drinks per person, easy to get refills

Pricing has dropped so drastically on my 1/7/18 Jewel cruise out of San Juan, that I was able to upgrade to a GS from a JS last week for no charge.

Now the GS cabins are going for 900.00 LESS than I paid for the JS! :eek:

No refunds there of course. :o Win some...lose some.

Upgrading was the only thing I could do since we are way past final payment...but will enjoy the GS anyway. ;)

OP: What cruise date are you on?

They are addictive , after taking 50 cruises tried GS and now have done 5 in a row with a 6th booked, on concierge lounge , drinks are the same but they have more waiters serving drinks per person, easy to get refills

Thanks for the concierge info. Very nice that you have become a GS convert. Sounds like they are the way to go. I see hunting for good prices in my future!!

Pricing has dropped so drastically on my 1/7/18 Jewel cruise out of San Juan, that I was able to upgrade to a GS from a JS last week for no charge.

Now the GS cabins are going for 900.00 LESS than I paid for the JS! :eek:

No refunds there of course. :o Win some...lose some.

Upgrading was the only thing I could do since we are way past final payment...but will enjoy the GS anyway. ;)

OP: What cruise date are you on?

Same situation for us upgraded from JS to GS when prices were slashed.

We are the week after you on 1/14 sailing.

I am shocked how low prices are out of SJU. My husband is really mad that we paid so much originally but who could have guessed that these cruises would be so heavily discounted.

Same situation for us upgraded from JS to GS when prices were slashed.

We are the week after you on 1/14 sailing.

I am shocked how low prices are out of SJU. My husband is really mad that we paid so much originally but who could have guessed that these cruises would be so heavily discounted.

Yeah, that's the gamble...no discounts when they lower the pricing after final payment. :o But who would have expected a hurricane to devastate the island after we booked. And they are still having problems filling the ship with all the problems the islanders are facing. So sad for them. :(

Most of the time, I book a cruise well in advance to get a desired cabin location....and most of the time the pricing just keeps going up and I am thrilled to have booked early to get the lower rate...plus the better location.

It is rare to have one drop so drastically like this. I have indeed scored price drops for reduced balances before final payment on occasion..and feel lucky to have done so.

Like I said...win some lose some. You will still enjoy your GS...even with a furious husband. Just hand him a drink in the CL. :cool:

BTW: The DL and the CL are nicely located right across the hallway from each other. If one lounge is too busy...you can go to the other one. And for me...if one coffee machine is broken...you can go to the other one. ;)

We love the CL on Radiance class ships for the great half circle bar in there.

Will wave to you as we disembark...enjoy!! :D

THIS ^^^^^^

Next two cruises are already booked, in a GS.

Not only that, but EXACTLY the same cabin. :D

We've now sailed in GS on our last 7 cruises with 2 more booked and are definitely hooked. I really enjoy the suite/pinnacle welcome event hosted by the Captain's senior officers. The appetizers are usually outstanding, there's an open bar, and its wonderful getting one on one time with the ship "big wigs".

We're booked in a superior balcony on a transatlantic next November due to lack of availability of any GS. We'll see how we handle it....