After final payment, Upgrade question...

xcell

After final payment -- has anyone called in to see if they can get a room upgrade for less than what is advertised on the website?

Sure, many have called, without much success. On RC, they call you and offer a reduced price upgrade, and that happens rarely.

I'm in a balcony right now and an upgrade (online) to a Family JS is $1600 -- not really worth it (just yet). The cruise is not till March 2018 and I doubt it will go down in price (online)...I was just wondering if they offered upgrades incentives or if anyone has had it in the past.

I guess the only way to find out is to call.

Thanks for the replies...

I was able to upgrade (at no charge) from a balcony to a JS after final pay date in June of this year on the Radiance when prices dropped.

Never hurts to make a phone call and ask.

But online was the JS more than your balcony and they just did the upgrade?

The only thing you can do after final payment during a price drop is to upgrade yourself.

Sure, you "may" get a call to upsell from RCI...but I don't wait for them. I just keep watching for opportunities myself. Or even more extremely rare..get a visit from the upgrade fairy who grants you a freebie upgrade. But I certainly don't look for that one to happen much...though it has happened to me just once....total shock on that one! :o:)

Was on Oasis last week and noticed my upcoming Jewel cruise is taking huge price drops for my January cruise. Well past final payment, and when I looked...the GS cabins were going for less than what I paid for my JS. :eek::o

Guest Services let me call RCI booking from their phone, and within minutes, I got the upgrade. No money back of course, but was happy to at least take advantage of the upgrade. :cool:

Not for less than advertised, but just last week when I saw the jr. suites dip below the price I had paid for a balcony, a quick phone call to my TA resulted in getting the jr. suite upgrade for no extra charge. This took place with about 30 days to go until sailing.

Same here, we leave on Harmony the 16th, and JS went below what we paid for our balcony so we got the upgrade! I did not care we would not get money back, just excited to have a bigger cabin and a bigger bathroom!

Same here, we leave on Harmony the 16th, and JS went below what we paid for our balcony so we got the upgrade! I did not care we would not get money back, just excited to have a bigger cabin and a bigger bathroom!

The best part of that upgrade is CK for dinner.

I called for an upgrade. And it was a few dollars less than the online price.

If it was just a few dollars less, I am sure that the reason is the taxes. Taxes had probably increased, but since you had booked earlier, they leave your taxes at the "old" or original price even as they give you the new fare for the stateroom.

:)

We did it on harmony last summer. The JS price on the website dropped to just slightly above the balcony cabin we paid for. Had our TA upgrade us and charged the slight difference. Note that this was about 60 days out and after final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I phoned to upgrade a couple of days ago to change from a D7 balcony to D5 and paid the difference but the agent failed to tell me I would lose the $100 OBC as the current offer is different from when I booked in January. Tried calling customer services today and got nowhere!!