Help! Immediate advice needed!

sharkaymon

Leaving on the Grand in three days! Weather at night on deck - cool, warm? Should I pack shorts or jeans, sweaters or sleeveless shirts? We will be in Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya and Coz. What temps should I expect? We've never cruised this time of year before.:confused:

I've cruised the Caribbean as late as mid-November and found the temps to be warm, as well as the water. I guess not as warm as summer, but plenty warm enough for spring/summer clothing and snorkeling. Take a sweater or wrap and long pants for evenings and shorts for days and you should be fine.

Lucky you - a Christmas vacation!

Leaving on the Grand in three days! Weather at night on deck - cool, warm? Should I pack shorts or jeans, sweaters or sleeveless shirts? We will be in Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya and Coz. What temps should I expect? We've never cruised this time of year before.:confused:

BE COMFERTABLE THE LESS YOU PACK TH BETTER (JUST TAHE A LITE JACKET OR SWEATER IF IT GETS CHILIE AT NIGHT ( I DOUT IF YOU WILL NEED THEM) HAVE A GOOD TIME (LEAVE ON THE GOLDEN JANUARY 14TH FROM SAN JUAN)

From what we experienced last year, it was warmish during the day and you could wear shorts on deck or on excursions. At night, it was usually quite windy and cool on deck. It was almost too cool to be outside at night in the Gulf of Mexico, during the first and last day of the cruise. There is a good chance you'll need a jacket in Galveston itself.

We're on the same cruise. I just checked the weather and here it is:

Galveston - Friday, cloudy.

Galveston - Saturday, cold (to us Southern Californians anyway!) and RAINY and windy. :(

Costa Maya - Showers with a 60% chance of rain

Belize - Showers with a 60% chance of rain

Grand Cayman - partly cloudy with 20% chance of rain and 83 degrees

Cozumel - Showers with a 40% chance of rain and 83 degrees.

Galveston - on 24th - partly cloudy and cool.

Not sure exactly if this is common for this time of year, but to me, it looks like we should expect a lot of rain.

When I cruise in the Caribbean, I usually pack so that I can layer a T-shirt under a buttoned shirt if it's cool at night or inside during the day. The a/c can sometimes be pretty cool. I also usually wear lightweight long pants to avoid getting sun on my legs. At night, I bring a couple of shawls to wear if it's cooler at night.

Leaving on the Grand in three days!

Not flaming you, however, if you booked this cruise recently (past week) I understand the 'Immediate.' I just get a little confused when people make a subject sound so desperate at the last moment. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Happing Cruising!

Archived