Now can't book 2019 cruise - most cabins marked sold out?

rocklinmom

Summer 2019 prices are on the website now (yay!) but now, I can't book anything. I am trying to book two aft interior cabins, a triple next to a double for our family of five, and they are all showing as Sold Out (??) for three people (quad cabin). It shows the entire mid-aft section as Sold Out also. For two people it shows about five open cabins on Caribe and Dolphin aft. This is for the June 2019 British Isles cruise out of Dublin.

How on earth are there pretty much no cabins left? Or is this yet another glitch? Now I am beyond frustrated.

I really don't want to spend an hour on the phone with Princess on release day today.

I noticed that also. I called to grab a family suite, and took too long so have 2 cabins reserved, but did not have time to move them into the family cabin.

I wonder if lots of people put cabins on hold, and in the next few days, the cabins will open up as holds expire?

Those cruises can be booked as either round trip Dublin or round trip Southampton. So certain blocks of cabins are set aside for one embarkation port, other blocks for the other port.

And they may be limiting the number of cabins available on the USA website.

And Irish and UK passengers got an 8 hour headstart over California residents.

With Elite Captains Circle members an additional 24 hours earlier than that.

But as usual plenty of people likely just put holds on multiple cruises while they decide which ones to take. In a couple days you might see those cabins freed up. Or not.

Oh man that's what I was afraid of. I don't want to go out of Southampton because we've already done a cruise from there. I wanted Dublin. I have never had a problem like this with Princess before. Trvlgirlmq, we might be joining you on Royal Caribbean as well. We can get the same itinerary roundtrip Amsterdam, just missing Paris as a port but that's fine with me (it's two and a half hours away from the port). And we could also do OV cabins with them for less, as you mentioned.

If I don't see more cabins open up in the next few days (and I need two next to each other), I am going to be really bummed.

I am so confused too! As mentioned above, I just checked the British Isles Southampton cruises and lo and behold, there are all of the aft interior cabins that I wanted to book on the Dublin cruise. So if we want to book a quad and double interior cabin next to each other, we have to sail out of Southampton apparently. If we want to sail out of Dublin, we wouldn't be able to do that and would have to upgrade to OV cabins for $2200 more. And I see exactly one pair of OV cabins next to each other on that cruise.

I am so confused too! As mentioned above, I just checked the British Isles Southampton cruises and lo and behold, there are all of the aft interior cabins that I wanted to book on the Dublin cruise. So if we want to book a quad and double interior cabin next to each other, we have to sail out of Southampton apparently. If we want to sail out of Dublin, we wouldn't be able to do that and would have to upgrade to OV cabins for $2200 more. And I see exactly one pair of OV cabins next to each other on that cruise.

I remember looking at Princess last year and all of the cabins we wanted were all classed as sold within days. I find this all so bizarre .... my head hurts.

Get this...now when I search both the June Southampton British Isles cruise and the June Dublin cruise, it says that ALL interior, OV, and even balcony cabins are sold out. In red letters.

I think something is seriously wrong on the Princess website today!!

I am giving up for now.

If it makes you feel any better, on opening day for C&A members with RCI, there were NO suites at all left and only 2 balcony cabins left on one particular cruise. How is that even possible? The cruise lines are holding back inventory for some reason (B2B's?) and it's quite frustrating for a lot of people.

I tired booking a cruisetour thru Italy and then a 7 day med cruise for May 2019...shows mostly sold out...so I tried just the cruise portion also mostly sold out...it is on the Emerald......not sure why everything is marked as sold out...cant believe that many Elites booked the entire ship yesterday!

Yes it is really strange, and aggravating. I have sailed on Princess for years and never had such problems trying to book a cruise. Maybe tomorrow the issues will be fixed, or maybe they really did book all of the cabins for two British Isles cruises yesterday (though I doubt it).

I think I am going to wait and see what NCL offers in the British Isles for summer 2019.

I called into Princess 1/2 hour before starting time in Mountain time and was able to only secure a guarantee in the category stateroom I wanted to pick (as only 10 such cabins on the entire ship in this category, I went ahead and did the guarantee with no upgrades) for a TA in August, 2019. Went into website at correct time and very few specific cabins showed up - rest showed sold or couldn't even get into that deck level to pick or they wouldn't even let you pick, just do a guarantee. Went in at 12:30 and now showing the entire ship from inside to suite as sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way. Definitely an IT thing going on and hopefully correct booking availability will be available tomorrow. Also as an aside, my new booking is not showing up on my personalizer and they say, of course, they don't know why and check tomorrow as the dust should have settled by then??!!

So this is across the board. Hang in there and keep checking and hopefully by tomorrow all will be well??????

Pooh

I was just told....

it looks like folks are booking these as fast as they are coming in, you can be put on waitlist for a $200 dep and if nothing opens the dep will be refunded..........WT*...this doesn't sound right!

Sorry, I think that that is rubbish. They also have a promotion on at the moment to give free flights for Summer 2018 cruises. These were the cruises fully booked this time last year ..........

Sorry, I think that that is rubbish. They also have a promotion on at the moment to give free flights for Summer 2018 cruises. These were the cruises fully booked this time last year ..........

Whoa have to keep an eye out for that promo...as we would sure like that when we do the Med with the land tour!

We just finished our first Princess cruise on the Coral. Panama Canal full transit. Have also been following these boards for months up to the cruise. We loved the boat and the cruise. All of the examples stated by the OP were true for us also. As post #12 says we also found the crew to be the crew of”yes”. In fact we found ourselves commenting that they never say “no”. Already planning a longer Princess cruise.

Booked an Alaskan cruise tour for 2019 yesterday. Today the Princess website doesn't even list that tour. I know tours sell out fast but selling out on the one day where booking is limited only to Elites is surprising to me.

When I checked before I went through all the criteria to make the search as specific as possible and the cruise I booked was not listed in the results. I just did the search again and only put in a couple of criteria. This time the cruise I booked was among the results. So it must not be sold out. Something is wrong with the programing if the cruise won't show up when a more specific search criteria is used.