Elation Inside Cabin Recommendation, Please

deanman02

Would someone kindly suggest a "good" cabin for elderly people who are not fussy? We generally prefer upper decks.

On elation I get the cabins across from the grand suites. It is likely you’ll get a good cabin steward. I’m on the ecstasy now and our steward is not doing the suites for some reason but this is the first time I’ve experienced this. He is doing great though.

The other reason is that the showers seem to be slightly larger than normal.

If there are only 2 of you then pick a cabin that only fits 2 rather than 3. I didn’t do that this time and there is a trundle bed under my bed which means less room to store our suitcases.

Happy cruising 😎

We have been booking cabins on Lido to be close to morning coffee and late night snacks, but Elation has no cabins on Lido. If you want an inside, check Verandah deck. There are 9 inside cabins on Verandah. If that does not work, you would have to go down to Empress deck which is an all stateroom deck. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our favorite section on the Fantasy class ships are Empress deck, cabin numbers 130~160 (between the aft elevators and the central elevators, behind the art gallery). Some say that's not a good area because you're under the galley, but we've never noticed galley noise. The noise of people running down the hallways is always way more noticeable to us.

• 2 years later...
On 12/14/2017 at 8:09 PM, SadieN said:

How about the sideways cabins? Friends love those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel like the sideways cabins if heavy waves tip you side to side not end to end like puts me to sleep

My favorite are lido cabins, but I book a porthole if i can get one for same price as inside.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I feel like the sideways cabins if heavy waves tip you side to side not end to end like puts me to sleep

My favorite are lido cabins, but I book a porthole if i can get one for same price as inside.

I never thought about that. We booked one of those cabins in January. Even when the ship isn't really rocking, there's still that ever-so-slight back & forth motion of the bed that rocks me to sleep. Now it's going to be a side-to-side motion. My body is going to be so confused. LOL

FYI to those answering the OP...this thread is 2+ years old. 😉

Edited by Organized Chaos