What are my odds for an upsell.upgrade

xcruisedirector

Agree... Had you been in a regular balcony.... That may have been a upsell opportunity...but usually those cabins are sold out anyway. Your "slim" chance is if they may have run short on balcony cabins (oversell) and a if a suite is available....they could offer . Highly unlikely they over booked.

I got a upsell call the day before the cruise left. $320 for a balcony on Lido. Coldest ever cruise. dec 9th on Freedom, wouldnt have used it. Not sure if they wanted $320 total or $320 x 2. I was travelling solo and already paying X 2 plus they wouldnt give me a price drop when i could clearly see the price had dropped, so they owed me $40. It was a small enough amount, I stated my objection, but the carnival site that morning kept giving errors on all rates, not just the one i needed to match. My PVP said she couldnt give me a rate unless you could click thru to the cabins, ie cant give a rate for what doesnt exist. I had no trouble saying no.

Then the Breeze price dropped to what I paid, so wouldnt be in a hurry to book next tiime. The rate was for a pack n go. I was in a 1a, and would have taken the $40 for a inside pack n go. But the carnival site kept giving errors.

So, I already felt I was overpaying for my 1A, though it was a good location, no complaints and had a awesome steward.

but yep, she said she had a last minute cancellation and for $320 i couuld have a balcony on the lido. This was only a couple weeks ago, Dec 8th i got the call for my dec 9th sailing.

Can't figure out how CCL decides....but we were upgraded (yep, for FREE) from OV on Riviera to balcony on Upper deck on our very first cruise (so they 'hooked' us on balconies ever since.....LOL), and we received an upsell once to a GS from a regular balcony on a 7 day for 3 of us for $400 and we grabbed that and it was wonderful!! So I guess we beat the 'odds', but nothing since!!

• 2 years later...