Exra Tips on a b2b cruise

cruzrbachoua

Hi we are going to be on a b2b next year and have a question....for those of you that have done a b2b before when do you give the extra tips? I was thinking if I confirmed we would have same wait staff and steward we were thinking it should be the last day of the last part of the cruise...or is it better to break it up and doing at the end of each leg? I mean wonder if they don't think it is enough and the 2nd part of your cruise is miserable...have read some horror stories...just curious how others have done it...Thanks

Thanks.. I was thinking the end as well. Now did you tell the crew you were doing that? I was thinking I would ask to make sure they were not at the end of a contract and would for sure be there with us the 2nd week and then then maybe say ok we will settle at the end...or should I just confirm they will be there both weeks...? This is our first b2b.

We have had fab crew except this last time on the crown our main waiter was the pits. But I wont digress into that as I already sent in the review to princess on him...he was so not princess customer service we were used to and hope is not the new norm.

If you are staying in the same cabin, ask your cabin steward if he will be in your section for the second part. If yes, then wait. If not, gie at the end of the first leg. Ask the maitre 'd if you will be at the same table for the second leg and if so, ask the wait staff if they will have that same station...EM

We do our extra tipping at the end of each individual cruise...personal choice. We may not be aware of a contract ending or a reassignment on turn around day and wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to reward those who served us..

Unless we're changing cabins we wait until the end of all the B2B's for any additional tip to our cabin steward.

For all others crew (bartenders, baristas, gelato server, etc) it pays to tip them as you go if you feel they deserve extra.

Your service will improve considerably.;)

Thanks.. I was thinking the end as well. Now did you tell the crew you were doing that? I was thinking I would ask to make sure they were not at the end of a contract and would for sure be there with us the 2nd week and then then maybe say ok we will settle at the end...or should I just confirm they will be there both weeks...? This is our first b2b. Never thought of them being at the end of the contract. Hmmm. Luckily, it's never happened. Our stewards always know we're on a B2B.

We have had fab crew except this last time on the crown our main waiter was the pits. But I wont digress into that as I already sent in the review to princess on him...he was so not princess customer service we were used to and hope is not the new norm.

Did you report him to the head waiter or Maitré D'?? We had an issue with a waiter once, reported it and the waiter fell all over himself for the rest of the cruise. The problem occurred at lunch, he wasn't even our dinner waiter.

Did you report him to the head waiter or Maitré D'?? We had an issue with a waiter once, reported it and the waiter fell all over himself for the rest of the cruise. The problem occurred at lunch, he wasn't even our dinner waiter.

Our tablemates (friends) reported him...we saw a slight change...but mostly it was in the fact that suddenly other wait staff was bringing our food and cleaning plates...while he still stood there like a bump on a log. He still took our order and was a wet blanket..not even a good evening how was your day...nothing. Would just come over and place his pin on his paper and look at us like I am ready......then near the end when I was missing something I asked for he tried to argue I never said I wanted it I saw him with the Maitre d and he was trying the same line and he was told basically ssh and go get it now.

For all others crew (bartenders, baristas, gelato server, etc) it pays to tip them as you go if you feel they deserve extra.

Your service will improve considerably.;)

We don't drink so the only person we would tip would be the gelato server if the ship has it as we go along, but we are in traditional dining and will see the same waiters each day and on 1 week cruises always do it at the end.

We don't drink so the only person we would tip would be the gelato server if the ship has it as we go along, but we are in traditional dining and will see the same waiters each day and on 1 week cruises always do it at the end.

They normally don't receive any additional tips & when they do you will be remembered. ;);)

They normally don't receive any additional tips & when they do you will be remembered. ;);)

I get that and have stated that we do tip the servers that are 1 off as we go and am not looking to start a tip war on who should be tipped and why. We tip good service...but my question was geared more towards the wait staff and steward that we will be in constant contact with for the entire 2 weeks not the room service or gelato staff that are one offs. We have actually on the past 2 cruises tipped some of the photogs as they really made the cruise fun with some of their neat poses and being just always so friendly when they see us and chatting with us and making us feel like family.

Paul thanks, that I what was thinking but wasn't sure if there was some "unwritten" rule that it was considered a no no. We would for sure make sure all our people were going to be on the 2nd leg before waiting til then and if one or so were leaving we would give them theirs before then.

I don’t think there is a set rule, but a caution, we were on a b/b in the same room, but our attendant, who was great, left on vacation after the first leg. I now tip extra after each leg, if they deserve it.

thanks...I will make sure to ask them if they plan on being on for the full 2 weeks.

Paul thanks, that I what was thinking but wasn't sure if there was some "unwritten" rule that it was considered a no no. We would for sure make sure all our people were going to be on the 2nd leg before waiting til then and if one or so were leaving we would give them theirs before then.

Any staff member with hope for an extra tip will make sure you know if they are leaving the ship before you.

Any staff member with hope for an extra tip will make sure you know if they are leaving the ship before you.

Thanks I wasn't sure when the stewards would know we are doing a b2b if up front or a surprise on turnaround day when they see our names again. This is all new to us, also hoping to be able to meet in theatre vs actually getting off the ship.

Yes, our experience too from the cabin stewards and waitstaff with whom we have made frequent interaction. We give them the extra tip when they say their goodbye the day they leave the ship. Otherwise, we give them only on the last day with an amount higher than for just one segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get that and have stated that we do tip the servers that are 1 off as we go and am not looking to start a tip war on who should be tipped and why. We tip good service...but my question was geared more towards the wait staff and steward that we will be in constant contact with for the entire 2 weeks not the room service or gelato staff that are one offs. We have actually on the past 2 cruises tipped some of the photogs as they really made the cruise fun with some of their neat poses and being just always so friendly when they see us and chatting with us and making us feel like family.

We have been on multiple B2B2B2B2B2Bs and if we like our waiters/asst./head waiter, we ask to keep them throughout the cruise with MD. Never been a problem. We tip at the end of each segment. Many of the staff send money home and depend on the week to week or in this case cruise to cruise pay. If we do Crown Grille the last night of each segment, then we give the night before. We have always had exceptional service..

Our room steward we give each segment also.

mellon1 thank you for the advice. I was just worried if we tipped at each segment what if they thought what we tipped was not what they think we should have tipped and then they make our lives awful on the 2nd leg...never thought of it that they would think we were cheap or didnt care for them and then therefore slack off. I was always curious as to what others leave as tips and thank you for offering what you leave as that is pretty close to what we do so I dont feel like we are far off from the norm.