Owner's Suite vs. Crown Loft Suite

flannbarr

I have never stayed in Owners suite but enjoyed staying in CLS on Allure. Really comfortable space but one big negative. The balcony is small and can only accommodate 2. If you enjoy spending time in the balcony then beware. Perhaps check one or two youtube videos to get an idea.

As stated earlier, I booked OS 11240. Now many cabins are opening up with final payment tomorrow.

A couple of CL's in category L1 have opened up on the side--1704 and 1760. The CL's--L1 cost about $500 more than the OS.

It does look rather tight in the bedroom area upstairs but maybe I am looking at that wrong. We are not big drinkers so I am not worried about the stairs. Having a sofa bed open on the first floor does seem to take up a lot of room like a few have commented about.

The location of OS 11240 seems ideal. The CL's are above the Windjammer which I assume wouldn't generate much noise. The CL's being so close to the Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge is very nice.

The OS just appears bigger and it really is. The interior of the cabin is virtually the same but the OS balcony is 2x the size of the CL balcony. Nicer dining areas in the OS.

My wife has never wanted an oceanfront balcony cabin before. She has been happy in an interior cabin, Boardwalk balcony, Central Park balcony and Promenade cabins. I think having a larger balcony will make her happy.

I am tempted for the CL but I think I am going to stay with the OS.

As stated earlier, I booked OS 11240. Now many cabins are opening up with final payment tomorrow.

A couple of CL's in category L1 have opened up on the side--1704 and 1760. The CL's--L1 cost about $500 more than the OS.

It does look rather tight in the bedroom area upstairs but maybe I am looking at that wrong. We are not big drinkers so I am not worried about the stairs. Having a sofa bed open on the first floor does seem to take up a lot of room like a few have commented about.

The location of OS 11240 seems ideal. The CL's are above the Windjammer which I assume wouldn't generate much noise. The CL's being so close to the Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge is very nice.

The OS just appears bigger and it really is. The interior of the cabin is virtually the same but the OS balcony is 2x the size of the CL balcony. Nicer dining areas in the OS.

My wife has never wanted an oceanfront balcony cabin before. She has been happy in an interior cabin, Boardwalk balcony, Central Park balcony and Promenade cabins. I think having a larger balcony will make her happy.

I am tempted for the CL but I think I am going to stay with the OS.

The bedroom in the CL isn't really tight at all. There is a dressing area and huge bathroom. We really like it. As for the sofa, it doesn't fold out, but it "slides down." The back of the sofa and the seat area make the bed. So it isn't too bad. It's easy enough to get around, and is put up into a sofa during the day. And the balconies aren't small. Don't know where that's coming from. They don't have a table (not sure why), but two loungers and are quite deep. Guess it's all perspective.

If you're happy with the OS, then I sure wouldn't spend $500 to go to a CL. I've never stayed in an OS, but it's on my "bucket list." People sure do like them. They've always been more than a CL on the cruises I've done.

Having personally stayed in both an aft and back ward facing CL on Oasis class ships *twice in each". I would be happy in either.

The DH loves the aft and I love the rear facing for the activity.

Surprisingly we never heard the noise from the activity below, and actually fell asleep on the loungers.

Two story's of cabin, love it.

To each there own.

Safe travels.

Not to say the OS isn't a great suite, but for us it's the "Serenity" of the deck 17 corridors. We don't hear people running by...or slamming of doors...or loud talking. We also don't have to "Shimmy" past the room steward's carts, because the corridors are wide. The proximity of Coastal Kitchen, Suite Lounge and Foodjammer is a plus. But at the end of the day, you just can't beat walking into that two story space and the view out those giant windows.

Cannot go wrong with either choice.

Stayed in an Owners Suite on the Oasis last year Everything was fine. However missed the convenience of the 17th floor.

Have stayed in a Crown Loft 25 times and have 7 more booked for 2018.

Stayed in an Owners Suite on the Oasis last year Everything was fine. However missed the convenience of the 17th floor.

Wow that’s amazing. Since we have 3 people in our cabin, can we have seating for 3 people on the balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bedroom in the CL isn't really tight at all. There is a dressing area and huge bathroom. We really like it. As for the sofa, it doesn't fold out, but it "slides down." The back of the sofa and the seat area make the bed. So it isn't too bad. It's easy enough to get around, and is put up into a sofa during the day. And the balconies aren't small. Don't know where that's coming from. They don't have a table (not sure why), but two loungers and are quite deep. Guess it's all perspective.

If you're happy with the OS, then I sure wouldn't spend $500 to go to a CL. I've never stayed in an OS, but it's on my "bucket list." People sure do like them. They've always been more than a CL on the cruises I've done.

I was saying that the balconies are smaller in the CL than the OS. I believe that to be true.

Not to say the OS isn't a great suite, but for us it's the "Serenity" of the deck 17 corridors. We don't hear people running by...or slamming of doors...or loud talking. We also don't have to "Shimmy" past the room steward's carts, because the corridors are wide. The proximity of Coastal Kitchen, Suite Lounge and Foodjammer is a plus. But at the end of the day, you just can't beat walking into that two story space and the view out those giant windows.

Wow these are great comments that now have me thinking again. Haha this is crazy funny. Such problems to have to deal with!

John, is that what you are in on our cruise in December again? GS and above cabins are still priced quite high, but weird that JS cabins (we are still booked in a hump JS) have been sold out for weeks. Still hoping for a self upgrade with price drops. Had such a great time with you and Sandy! :) Lots of L1 cabins showing available upon checking another website.

I have found in most instances that the cost of and OS to be more than a CL. It's an individual decision, but I would stay in the OS if given the choice, and we have been in both.

Rick

I also have stayed in both. If RCCL had made the CL about two feet wider it would be spectacular but as it is I also prefer the OS.

John, is that what you are in on our cruise in December again? GS and above cabins are still priced quite high, but weird that JS cabins (we are still booked in a hump JS) have been sold out for weeks. Still hoping for a self upgrade with price drops. Had such a great time with you and Sandy! :) Lots of L1 cabins showing available upon checking another website.

Hi Pat and Bucky,

We are in Crown Loft #1722 when we cruise with you in December 2018. Booked this cabin during the Cyber Monday

Sale.

Total cost was $5248. Also received $300 On Board Credit.

When we sailed with you this past November, we were in Crown Loft #1726.

Hi Pat and Bucky,

We are in Crown Loft #1722 when we cruise with you in December 2018. Booked this cabin during the Cyber Monday

Sale.

Total cost was $5248. Also received $300 On Board Credit.

When we sailed with you this past November, we were in Crown Loft #1726.

And indeed a "sweet" suite!! And nice score on the OBC! :)

Got a kick out of waving to Sandy when we were playing mini golf. ;)