Owner's Suite vs. Crown Loft Suite

flannbarr

Currently booked in a Grand Suite for 3 of us on the Harmony OTS 3/31/18. An Owner's Suite and Crown Loft Suite have both become available. They are both similar in price and obviously more money than the Grand Suite.

Question--Assuming location of both are decent, should I select the Owner's Suite or the Crown Loft Suite? The size of the Owner's Suite balcony is enticing but the Crown Loft appears amazing, especially category L1.

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently booked in a Grand Suite for 3 of us on the Harmony OTS 3/31/18. An Owner's Suite and Crown Loft Suite have both become available. They are both similar in price and obviously more money than the Grand Suite.

Question--Assuming location of both are decent, should I select the Owner's Suite or the Crown Loft Suite? The size of the Owner's Suite balcony is enticing but the Crown Loft appears amazing, especially category L1.

Thanks for your feedback.

The loft suite is amazing. The balcony is deep. Plus two bathrooms. That decision would be a no brainer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my Oasis cruise we now have a Owner suite and Crown loft is a little cheaper but looks like balcony is listed as almost double the size, always like a extra bathroom but it is just for the 2 of us. Not sure if I want to deal with stairs

I've stayed in both and prefer the owners suite. The crown loft is lovely and as some have mentioned the two bathrooms are nice even though your toothbrush will always be in the wrong one. The upstairs shower in the crown loft is amazing. The problem is the stairs. Obviously they can be a bit challenging for drinkers and they take up quite a bit of space in a narrow stateroom. The downstairs layout is not nearly as functional as the OS.

I have had the pleasure of staying in both on the Allure and you can count me in the minority here of preferring an owners suite to the crown loft. As Don Pedro mentions, our toiletries always seemed to be in the wrong bath. The balcony was only deep, and not as wide or as spacious as the OS balcony and was much better furnished than the loft balcony. The dining area in the OS was superior as well. We did prefer the location of the loft though on the 17th floor.

I have also stayed in both (L2) and also go along with Pete that our preference is the Owners Suite. There are just 2 of us, and we are very comfortable with the layout of the OS. The living room can accommodate more people, and the OS's are located midship, so there is much less motion when in heavy swells.

Rick

On my Oasis cruise we now have a Owner suite and Crown loft is a little cheaper but looks like balcony is listed as almost double the size, always like a extra bathroom but it is just for the 2 of us. Not sure if I want to deal with stairs

thats me as well. we just got off Rhapsody and had an OS. we loved it. mr spook is afraid I will never downgrade to a GS again....

Stayed in both a few times on Oasis and Allure. It's always been just two of us so the OS wins hand down for the layout and huge balcony. However, with three I would go with the CLS for the extra bathroom and a little more privacy with two floors. The only downside for the CLS with three is the foldout bed is going to eat up more floor space when deployed vs the OS still has a bunch of floor space even with the bed open.

I think you will like the OS for the layout. It feels much larger than the CLS. We had 11240 and it's a good location.

Friends had a CL on last Oasis cruise. With one couple it would be fine for us with the upstairs bedroom, but having a pull out couch to sleep on middle of the main floor for another person/persons is not something I think I would enjoy. Having two bathrooms is nice, but they are both much smaller than an OS bathroom...or even a GS of which we had and liked better than their CL

Count me in as preferring the OS. :)

Having two bathrooms is nice, but they are both much smaller than an OS bathroom :)

I have to disagree with you on one point, the shower in the OS I found exceptionally small for the overall large size of the bathroom. But nothing can really compare to that shower in the upstairs CLS.

I have to disagree with you on one point, the shower in the OS I found exceptionally small for the overall large size of the bathroom. But nothing can really compare to that shower in the upstairs CLS.

Or the view.

1ec02b0a0103aecba074af62e7ebd180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember the Harmony has a tub not that wonderful shower.

Have never done an Owner's Suite. But have had a couple of CL's. Did Oct. on Oasis with our 12 year grandson in a CL. FANTASTIC! The second bathroom was wonderful. It's on a private floor so only those with keys can access it, therefore very quiet. Close to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. The loft has a curtain so there is some privacy (it's sheer so not complete privacy). So for me, with 3 or 4 in a cabin, I'd always take the Crown Loft.

Guess I was not paying attention to the size of the shower...I was looking at the overall size of the bathroom itself and those wonderful double sinks in the GS I had.

The "extra toilet" is cute in the OS too. ;)

We had the Crown Loft on the Oasis and absolutely loved it. So much room and the 2nd bathroom is very handy. The view of the ocean from your bed is amazing, Nothing like looking down through two story floor to ceiling glass. I would say if the cost is the same or close this is a no brainer.