What is an "Aqua Attendant"

chamima

With the recent (or future since it goes into effect Jan. 2) increase in gratuities someone on one of our Roll Calls asked about the breakout for where those gratuities go so I found this list someone posted.

In looking at it again I noticed the "Aqua Attendant".

We've been sailing in Aqua for years and I have never seen or heard from an "Aqua Attendant".

Does anyone have a clue what this is?

2e45daf4095437c80a86326a3bbbbbb7.jpg

With the recent (or future since it goes into effect Jan. 2) increase in gratuities someone on one of our Roll Calls asked about the breakout for where those gratuities go so I found this list someone posted.

We've been sailing in Aqua for years and I have never seen or heard from an "Aqua Attendant".

Just means your Stateroom Attendant has a different name and gets an increased tip for service in that category .

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

Looks like it is your cabin attendant in a Aqua class cabin. Gratuities in Aqua .50 more than the others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just means your Stateroom Attendant has a different name and gets a increased tip for service in that category 😉

But Stateroom Attendant is also on that list just above Aqua Attendant.

EDIT: I figured it out.

Aqua Stateroom Attendants get .50/day more than regular stateroom attendants.

It's not "in addition to" stateroom attendant , it's "instead of" stateroom attendant.

I should have read more carefully. :o:o:o

Not sure, but with the cutbacks in Aqua Class stateroom amenities, like daily water bottles, I am not sure why we are paying more for that category. :confused: For stateroom gratuities only, not the restaurant.

I thought the same thing when I saw it, but then I remembered that someone has to deliver that daily tea and refresh the aromatherapy pot. ;)

Concierge Class also pays that extra 50 cents per passenger day. Why? I guess the stateroom attendant works harder since they must deliver the daily afternoon snacks (some of these are hard to identify) which is a single plate with cover. We joked that if we tried to sell those afternoon snacks for 50cents.....there would be zero takers. As to the workload for the attendant, on the S-Class ships the cabins are exactly the same size as the other balcony cabins.

Hank

Concierge Class also pays that extra 50 cents per passenger day. Why? I guess the stateroom attendant works harder since they must deliver the daily afternoon snacks (some of these are hard to identify) which is a single plate with cover. We joked that if we tried to sell those afternoon snacks for 50cents.....there would be zero takers. As to the workload for the attendant, on the S-Class ships the cabins are exactly the same size as the other balcony cabins.

Hank

Maybe Aqua should be paying less since they are the only category that doesn't have to deal with more than 2 people in a cabin..

I just called and found out about Aqua Attendant. One, Stan Lee, unOfficial Vice President of Something for Celebrity Cruises informed me that he was not the creator, but Aqua Attendant is a compromise between the formerly popular Aquaman and Aquaperson, which would be more appropriate for the modern era. I told him that Aquaman was quite limiting, but I felt that the name Aqua Attendant didn't display the power or true substance that the Aqua Level Hero should exemplify. So, I guess from now on Aqua Attendant will have to call, with special sonar, whales, sharks, and walruses to the rescue.

I thought the same thing when I saw it, but then I remembered that someone has to deliver that daily tea and refresh the aromatherapy pot. ;)

And we always tell them not to leave that polluted water and take that @#$& stinking air polluting pot out of the cabin. 😖

Happy cruising and merry Christmas 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅🎄

What is house keeping services and how much of the dininng services go to the Maitre D?

The Maitre D always seemed to make sure that they were known on the last night of the cruise ???? 🤑. And now you rarely if ever have any contact with them. I think it is part of the auto gratuity. There use to be a breakdown on the X site showing that they got about $1/day pp from the auto gratuities. Not a bad income with 2000 to 3000 passengers on a ship.

Happy cruising and merry Christmas 🌊🛳🌊🌅🎄

What is house keeping services and how much of the dininng services go to the Maitre D?

The Maitre D always seemed to make sure that they were known on the last night of the cruise ???? [emoji857]. And now you rarely if ever have any contact with them. I think it is part of the auto gratuity. There use to be a breakdown on the X site showing that they got about $1/day pp from the auto gratuities. Not a bad income with 2000 to 3000 passengers on a ship.

Happy cruising and merry Christmas [emoji305][emoji924][emoji305][emoji560][emoji319]

I believe there is only one Maitre D on the ship, just below the restaurant manager. There are bunch of Asst Maitre D's and Head Waiters.

We have regular contact with them when traveling, due to food Allergies. They bring the next days menu and take the food preorder every day. If going to a speciality, they send over the allergy list to the speciality maitre D. Then come to the speciality for the next days dinner order.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve only done Aqua once, will be in aqua again sailing Jan 14th. I’m excited about the aromatherapy pot. Do I have to ask for it or will it just be in the room