Charter airline RT from LAX to Papeete ?

57redbird

We are looking at a Tahiti cruise in October, 2018...there is a RT airfare 'deal' from LA to Papeete & when I called HAL to determine flight times, since we will be flying in from Seattle, the rep told me that it was a chartered flight & didn't know the flight times yet.... makes it a little difficult to book return airfare....does anybody have any idea when the flight returns from Papeete (or even a ballpark idea)? TIA

We are looking at a Tahiti cruise in October, 2018...there is a RT airfare 'deal' from LA to Papeete & when I called HAL to determine flight times, since we will be flying in from Seattle, the rep told me that it was a chartered flight & didn't know the flight times yet.... makes it a little difficult to book return airfare....does anybody have any idea when the flight returns from Papeete (or even a ballpark idea)? TIA

I was told that within the next month, (January 2018) there will be notification of the charter arrangements.

You can be comforted in knowing that no one else has been informed about this either... :D

Actually, I was told that charters fly in on the day the ship sails and fly out on the day the cruise ends....however, there is an 'overnight' for the ship on both ends of this itinerary....so the charter would arrive before the first overnight, and leave after the last overnight. (make sense? LOL)

Personally, I would not want to fly in the day the cruise departs. You will miss the opportunity to spend a few days on land in a very unique region. It is common to spend a few days precruise at a FP resort, perhaps in an over the water bungalow in Moorea or Bora Bora.

I doubt the charter will depart from Seattle, meaning you will have an extra flight to LAX. You will probably depart mid afternoon or be on a red eye, which means you arrive dead tired.

Sammiedawg -- we would fly from Seattle to LA at least the day before & board the HAL chartered plane.. I had the HAL rep price out the fare from SEA &, to us, the price was prohibitive. Thanks for your input.

Thinfool - please keep me posted on what you find out & I'll do the same.

CruiserBruce - I'd rather not fly United, but thanks.

Sammiedawg -- we would fly from Seattle to LA at least the day before & board the HAL chartered plane.. I had the HAL rep price out the fare from SEA &, to us, the price was prohibitive. Thanks for your input.

Thinfool - please keep me posted on what you find out & I'll do the same.

CruiserBruce - I'd rather not fly United, but thanks.

You definitely must fly to LA the day prior, whether commercial or charter flight. You cannot miss the flight to PPT because there aren’t many flights to get rebooked on.

I would keep watching commercial fares, you might catch a price drop. Good luck.