Uber X or XL?

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

We will be a party of 4 adults heading from FLL to POM in January. No checked luggage, just a standard carry on and a personal item (backpack or purse) each. Two of us are 6+ ft tall so not small people :) Fair to assume an X won't do it and if XL is best option should we just consider looking into private scheduled transportation?

Thanks for any insight/opinions!

We have had mixed luck with XL when 3 of us travel together. Not always available and sometimes just the largest sedan shows up. We have found that private transportation is often the best option... and always make sure to request an SUV.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are y'all thoughts on a family of 9? Which is better for us.

Transport from where to where? :confused:

For 9 you'll need two UberXLs or two taxi-vans. I would also price out private transport with Larry's Limos or Go Airport.

We have had mixed luck with XL when 3 of us travel together. Not always available and sometimes just the largest sedan shows up. We have found that private transportation is often the best option... and always make sure to request an SUV.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you get a sedan after requesting an XL you need to cancel the ride and report the driver. XL drivers must have room for 6 passengers which eliminates any sedan from qualifying. That means they are not driving the vehicle they have registered with Uber which will get their driver account revoked.

If you get a sedan after requesting an XL you need to cancel the ride and report the driver. XL drivers must have room for 6 passengers which eliminates any sedan from qualifying. That means they are not driving the vehicle they have registered with Uber which will get their driver account revoked.

Yes, we have had to do that...

There will 5 adults arriving on Friday, Jan 5th at FLL airport going to Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Would an Uber XL be the best option?

Yes! UberXl should be able to handle all 5 of you plus bags (unless someone packs like my wife! :rolleyes:) and the fare should be about $15

Best way from Embassy Suites 17th in Ft Lauderdale to POM ? Two adults, 3 big suitcases , 2 carry-ons.( I get the carry-ons, wife has the suitcases)

Thanks in advance for help!

And best way from POM to FLL (airport) 2:00pm flight ! Does Royal Carib offer a bus to FLL from POM?

Best way from Embassy Suites 17th in Ft Lauderdale to POM ? Two adults, 3 big suitcases , 2 carry-ons.( I get the carry-ons, wife has the suitcases)

Thanks in advance for help!

And best way from POM to FLL (airport) 2:00pm flight ! Does Royal Carib offer a bus to FLL from POM?

You should fit into an UberX - some of the bags may need to ride in the front seat or on your lap -- and the fare should be about $35+

Uber again! :) Wait should be under 5 minutes and the fare for a taxi would be closer to $70. You could also check shared shuttles - SAS, QLS and others are often suggested on this board - and the fares are usually $15 per person.

Have a great cruise! :cool: