Just got off Oasis 7 day Eastern 12/17/17 Sail date.

e2011

We had a great time again on the Oasis. This was our second cruise on Oasis and we had a Crown Loft Suite which was a great room. Going up the stairs to the loft is challenging when you have had several drinks and the ship is rocking! The staff was awesome and the food was excellent. We dined at the various premium restaurants each night so I can't comment on buffet food or MDR food for dinner. Of the premium, Chops grill was our least favorite. They were the only ones who enforced the $10 extra charge for an additional entrée item. The other restaurants would bring out a lobster or other main course for the table to try at no charge but not Chops. Also I felt the service at Chops was lacking and the waiter we had was overwhelmed. Did not offer any extras. 150 Central Park was completely the opposite. Outstanding service and lots of extras. When it was time for desert we couldn't decide so our waiter left the table and came back with one of everything! Now thats service! Same at Giovanni's which had the same great service and extras. The Hibachi gril was also outstanding. The ship was decorated for Christmas and was beautiful. The Suite Lounge was outstanding and the bar tenders were awesome. The Coastal Kitchen which is the private restaurant for suite guests was marginal. We had dinner there twice and the food was what I would expect at the buffet. It was not very good and in the future I would pass on dinner there. The hurricane damage at St. Thomas and San Juan was noticeable but not as bad as I thought. The weather was perfect. My only real issue with RC is the cabana reservation process at Labadee. We were told yet again on this cruise that we could not make a cabana reservation until 7 days out with our suite concierge. So at exactly 7 days out we emailed them to get an overwater cabana. We were told the hurricane destroyed all but 2 of the over water cabanas and all we could get was a beach unit. However when we got to Labadee, NO units were destroyed and all the over the water units were fine and people had reserved them! When we asked the local Barefoot Beach manager he said there was almost no damage from the hurricane and he didn't know why we were told that some cabanas were destroyed. We ended up with one of the worst beach units as far away from the beach as possible. This was very upsetting to know we were lied to about the hurricane damage and the fact that others we able to secure cabanas before the 7 day mark. That is unacceptable customer service. Overall it was a great cruise and I give the Oasis 5 stars!

Thanks for review, never read anything that bad on costal kitchen before, we sail next year in a owners suite, do not want to deal with stairs of loft.

Of course food taste and quality is in the eye of the beholder so what I feel is buffet quality mass produced food might seem great to someone else. When I posted that comment I was thinking about two items specifically. The shrimp cocktail came with 3 medium sized, previously frozen shrimp. If you know shrimp you know the difference between previously frozen and fresh. Also I ordered a seafood linguini and it came with 3 small shrimp, one mussel and one small calamari ring. It was comical but also disappointing. I did order the free range chicken at one meal and it was good. My daughter ordered the strip steak and it was nice and tender. Maybe it was just the seafood items since thats what I tend to like.

The over the water cabanas are reserved for star class suites. So thats why you probably didnt get one. We were there on 12/19/17 on Allure. Most of the cabanas had been rebuilt or had new roofs on barefoot beach

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We had a great time again on the Oasis. This was our second cruise on Oasis and we had a Crown Loft Suite which was a great room. Going up the stairs to the loft is challenging when you have had several drinks and the ship is rocking! The staff was awesome and the food was excellent. We dined at the various premium restaurants each night so I can't comment on buffet food or MDR food for dinner. Of the premium, Chops grill was our least favorite. They were the only ones who enforced the $10 extra charge for an additional entrée item. The other restaurants would bring out a lobster or other main course for the table to try at no charge but not Chops. Also I felt the service at Chops was lacking and the waiter we had was overwhelmed. Did not offer any extras. 150 Central Park was completely the opposite. Outstanding service and lots of extras. When it was time for desert we couldn't decide so our waiter left the table and came back with one of everything! Now thats service! Same at Giovanni's which had the same great service and extras. The Hibachi gril was also outstanding. The ship was decorated for Christmas and was beautiful. The Suite Lounge was outstanding and the bar tenders were awesome. The Coastal Kitchen which is the private restaurant for suite guests was marginal. We had dinner there twice and the food was what I would expect at the buffet. It was not very good and in the future I would pass on dinner there. The hurricane damage at St. Thomas and San Juan was noticeable but not as bad as I thought. The weather was perfect. My only real issue with RC is the cabana reservation process at Labadee. We were told yet again on this cruise that we could not make a cabana reservation until 7 days out with our suite concierge. So at exactly 7 days out we emailed them to get an overwater cabana. We were told the hurricane destroyed all but 2 of the over water cabanas and all we could get was a beach unit. However when we got to Labadee, NO units were destroyed and all the over the water units were fine and people had reserved them! When we asked the local Barefoot Beach manager he said there was almost no damage from the hurricane and he didn't know why we were told that some cabanas were destroyed. We ended up with one of the worst beach units as far away from the beach as possible. This was very upsetting to know we were lied to about the hurricane damage and the fact that others we able to secure cabanas before the 7 day mark. That is unacceptable customer service. Overall it was a great cruise and I give the Oasis 5 stars!

I totally agree with your review of Costal Kitchen along with additional Star Class guest. Sailed December 3rd and was anticipating having a wonderful dinning experience and was completely disappointed in the quality of the food and the service was sub-par, mostly due to the lack of staff. I did address this with the Manager of Costal Kitchen as I feel that a problem can’t be address if not informed. I also advised my Royal Genie as this restaurant is a selling point for suite guest. But, as other stated it’s all in the I individual opinion but, other dinners also experienced this lack luster food.

Sent from my iPad using Forums