La Quinta Miami airport east

kicia

If anyone has reservations at the La Quinta Miami airport east location you should check your reservation. We made a reservation in July for January for before cruise. Received an email cancelling the reservation due to rooms not being available after the hurricane. I understand that they are not responsible for the hurricane but to cancel 2 weeks before the cruise is just not right. We had a good rate and now other hotels are either not available or at a much higher cost. La Quinta offered another hotel,farther away for 50% more than what we paid and doesn't include transportation to the port. I'm not sure if parking would be provided for no charge. I think they should at least have matched the price I had but that didn't happen.

Anyway, if you have a reservation there, please confirm it before it is too late. I guess we're going to drive in the morning of the cruise and I really don't want to do that. Too much can happen in 4 to 4 1/2 hours,

We booked rooms at the Regency Hotel just SE of the airport. Booked them in July for our Jan. 13th cruise. About $175 per night. Have stayed there several times before. Nice place. Free Airport shuttle and shutlle to the Porrt in the morning for $10 per preson. Give them a try if you are still looking for a room. Shows they have rooms available for the same weekend we have for around $190.

Sorry about the sudden cancellation. Aside from being close to reservation date, took them a while after the hurricane.

The hotel waited until the last minute to cancel because they have been holding out against hope that they would have been open already. Probably going week by week with such short notice cancellations.

Interesting to note that the LaQuinta nearest FLL/Port Everglades is still closed post-Irma as well. But there was one recent thread from someone who was moved to another property but was notified a day or so later that they were price- and perk-protected (would be shuttled from the airport for free despite the 10 miles greater distance).

So seems LaQuinta corporate is not consistently solving the problem. Plus they have a bigger internal problem with two high turnover properties not having reopened going on four months--gotta get that insurance settlement a heck of a lot quicker.

We booked rooms at the Regency Hotel just SE of the airport. Booked them in July for our Jan. 13th cruise. About $175 per night. Have stayed there several times before. Nice place. Free Airport shuttle and shutlle to the Porrt in the morning for $10 per preson. Give them a try if you are still looking for a room. Shows they have rooms available for the same weekend we have for around $190.

Last time I checked the Regency had uniformly awful reviews but somehow has risen to between 3.5 and 4 stars on most travel sites. But that is a crazy high price even on the Friday of MLK holiday weekend for a minimal "boutique" hotel located right on top of the airport exit ramps. (Though if that neighborhood suits the OP I found the nearby Crowne Plaza, Courtyard, and Airport Marriott all a good tick less than $175 for January 12, to use your date as an example)

• 3 weeks later...

we are reserved for Jan 25. According to the front desk we are ok - so far. the hotel is having hurricane damage renovations but some rooms are available & the shuttles are running. FEMA folks have most of the rooms.