Question re B2B cruises

KaceyCruiser

I see a number of you are experienced B2Ber's. Any advice on how to get the best deals on B2B's? My husband and I may be able to start doing some of these in 2019. Thank you for your advice!

Karen

There are NO deals , just try a get the same room .

I see a number of you are experienced B2Ber's. Any advice on how to get the best deals on B2B's? My husband and I may be able to start doing some of these in 2019. Thank you for your advice!

Karen

Never have gotten a deal on a B2B. Sometimes when the cruise sells the B2B as one cruise there might be a $200 drop.

A couple years ago we booked 2 7 day cruises on the Summit. We got the $100 credit for booking b2b and I booked early enough to get one of the sweet sixteens for both weeks. We did get a bag of free laundry each onboard on the first leg due to it being a b2b and on turnaround day we got 50% off specialty dining. My only complaint was that the menu in the MDR repeated on the second leg, even though I know they have a 14 day menu, no big deal though, lots of choices and we certainly didn't starve! Turnaround day was simple...we assembled in Sky Lounge where we handed in our previous sea pass cards upon entering, they had coffee, tea and pastries while we waited and shortly a couple Customs agents appeared checked our passports and on our way out we were handed our new sea pass cards. We were then able to access our cabins and had run of the ship.

Enjoy your trip!!

There are NO deals , just try a get the same room .

This is just plain wrong. For seven nights and longer you get :-

Book in the US and you get $50 per leg off for a total cabin saving of $100.

Book in the UK and you get £32 per leg off for a total cabin saving of £64.

This applies even after final payment date. I am unsure if there are any discounts for shorter cruises. If there are, perhaps someone can be kind enough to provide the details. Also I'm not sure what the deal is in other countries but it will be similar I'm sure.

You also get free laundry. This is obviously very useful if you're on two lengthy B2B's as Celebrity laundry isn't exactly cheap.

You also get a second rate lunch with concierge passengers in the MDR gratis which spares you the indignities of visiting the buffet at peak embarkation time!

Karen

Do you have a TA? Got $250 for B2B.

Above all, book the same stateroom so you don’t have to debark the ship. Just hang out in the lounge.

Enjoy your cruise.

Do you have a TA? Above all, book the same stateroom so you don’t have to debark the ship. Just hang out in the lounge.

Enjoy your cruise.

You don't necessarily have to debark the ship when changing rooms, we changed due to upgrading cabin class. On my recent B2B we simply went to the sky lounge where we were presented with new sea pass cards which were inspected by immigration officials before being let out again. The whole process probably took around 45 minutes.

Edited by Mynki

We booked a 2 seven day back to back for January 2019. They gave us $50 off each leg. We booked about a month ago.

That's what we got too and we booked a 14 day Baltic Caps with 7 day Norway. As previous poster said, make keeping your room a make or break item unless you can't get the cabin you want on the first one...I recommend the Baltic/Norway B2B too....it was wonderful, saved us a round trip plane fare and the day spent in Southampton was amazing.

You don't necessarily have to debark the ship when changing rooms. On my recent B2B we simply went to the sky lounge where we were presented with new sea pass cards which were inspected by immigration officials before being let out again. The whole process probably took around 45 minutes.

Took less than that. Maybe around 30 minutes, if that. :) Really easy process.

We have a b2b this April on summit. I got the first leg after my 4/2 sailing was cancelled for a great price $399 for indoor plus $200 obc back in February last year. I kept seeing the next sailing was a reposition back to Bayonne and finally that price dropped a few weeks ago. I got a gty cabin that I was able to make the same as my first sailing. My question is what happens in between the 1st and 2nd leg? Do we need to inform ship beforehand? Can we get any special incentives for a b2b?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We have a b2b this April on summit. I got the first leg after my 4/2 sailing was cancelled for a great price $399 for indoor plus $200 obc back in February last year. I kept seeing the next sailing was a reposition back to Bayonne and finally that price dropped a few weeks ago. I got a gty cabin that I was able to make the same as my first sailing. My question is what happens in between the 1st and 2nd leg? Do we need to inform ship beforehand? Can we get any special incentives for a b2b?

When you board the first cruise you'll have a packet in your cabin and one of the items will be your departure info. Check the box that says continuing on and turn it in to CR. Next you'll get a notice inviting you to a meeting for continuing passengers. Go to it because that's where you'll find out everything you'll need to know. If you're not changing cabins just take what you need for the day after b-fast because you may or may not have access to your cabin. You will also get a notice telling you to meet at a specific time and location in order to get a new sea pass. Your OBC will NOT be carried over nor will your account. Each cruise is treated as a separate cruise. It took us about 30 minutes from the time the meeting started to the time we were able to disembark.....there were only 24 of us staying on and I'm sure the length of time it takes is affected by the number staying on. After that we were allowed to leave the ship and return as if in any other port. You don't have to leave the ship and whether you want to or not depends on where you are. Bayonne is rather isolated....whereas Southampton is walking distance to shops, restaurants and museums. Tip: if you have set dining in the MDR talk to the Maitre D on the last night of the first cruise if you would like a specific table or location in the dining room.....continuing passengers have preference. As for special incentives....usually not.

When you board the first cruise you'll have a packet in your cabin and one of the items will be your departure info. Check the box that says continuing on and turn it in to CR. Next you'll get a notice inviting you to a meeting for continuing passengers. Go to it because that's where you'll find out everything you'll need to know. If you're not changing cabins just take what you need for the day after b-fast because you may or may not have access to your cabin. You will also get a notice telling you to meet at a specific time and location in order to get a new sea pass. Your OBC will NOT be carried over nor will your account. Each cruise is treated as a separate cruise. It took us about 30 minutes from the time the meeting started to the time we were able to disembark.....there were only 24 of us staying on and I'm sure the length of time it takes is affected by the number staying on. After that we were allowed to leave the ship and return as if in any other port. You don't have to leave the ship and whether you want to or not depends on where you are. Bayonne is rather isolated....whereas Southampton is walking distance to shops, restaurants and museums. Tip: if you have set dining in the MDR talk to the Maitre D on the last night of the first cruise if you would like a specific table or location in the dining room.....continuing passengers have preference. As for special incentives....usually not.

Thanks. Fortunately our turnaround is San Juan. You answered all my questions. Appreciate the feedback.

We are booked for a 9 night and a 12 night b2b. Celebrity gives $50 total for the cabin for 7 - 9 day cruise and $100 for 10 days and over when booked as b2b. Therefore we received $150 off of our 2 cruises ($50 off the price of the 9 day cruise and $100 off the price of the 12 day cruise).

You do need to ask for it.

Karen

Book as early as possible.

A couple years ago we booked 2 7 day cruises on the Summit. We got the $100 credit for booking b2b and I booked early enough to get one of the sweet sixteens for both weeks. We did get a bag of free laundry each onboard on the first leg due to it being a b2b and on turnaround day we got 50% off specialty dining. My only complaint was that the menu in the MDR repeated on the second leg, even though I know they have a 14 day menu, no big deal though, lots of choices and we certainly didn't starve! Turnaround day was simple...we assembled in Sky Lounge where we handed in our previous sea pass cards upon entering, they had coffee, tea and pastries while we waited and shortly a couple Customs agents appeared checked our passports and on our way out we were handed our new sea pass cards. We were then able to access our cabins and had run of the ship.

Enjoy your trip!!

Thank you!

We are booked for a 9 night and a 12 night b2b. Celebrity gives $50 total for the cabin for 7 - 9 day cruise and $100 for 10 days and over when booked as b2b. Therefore we received $150 off of our 2 cruises ($50 off the price of the 9 day cruise and $100 off the price of the 12 day cruise).

But did you book both at the same time?

It doesn't matter.

You may book them at the same time, or you may book them separately.

As soon as you have 2 or more segments booked, you can request the b2b discount.

If at a later date you decide to add on another segment, you can then request the discount for that one as well.

Since we live in the middle of Alaska and fly to cruise ports we nearly always do B2B or B2B2B series. We have booked the legs at different times, particularly when we do B2B2B series, and and as long as the cruise leg is over six days have had no problem receiving the B2B discount. The legs do not have to be booked at the same time, but you will need to ask for the discount.

We have a TA and did not know we would receive anything. She emailed and we received the same that you did. $50.00 per cabin on our 7 day and $100.00 per cabin on our 12 day. And yea we leave for Florida this Friday and get out of this minus zero weather.

Karen

Karen, we have started doing some b2b cruises over the last two years, up to now we have been doing 10nt or longer segments and always have received the $100 discount on each leg.We don't always have the same cabin but it's not a problem. Last time in October/November we had a lunch put on in the MDR and a bottle of Champagne as a gift which was nice! Dianne