Equinox diembarkation

JaniceB

Since we are not flying home leaving the ship what time do you think we will be able to get off the ship? My sister is picking us up and she would like an estimated time. Since I have never cruised on Celebrity I need some help with the time.

If you want to hang on the ship as long as possible I think the last tag group to get called in on your Daily and you can walk off then...We just clear our room and go down to lobby and hang out as long as possible since our flights are usually later in the day...that way we can enjoy breakfast , have a coffee ..go back to room brush out teeth ( keed do not disturb out when at breakfast) ....once we got off ship close to 10 am .....it was nice..

Generally they want you off the ship by 9:00 am, but sometimes it is a little later by the time everyone leaves. Then you need to add time waiting in line for Customs. My advice, since you have a choice, is to wait for the initial mad rush to clear and then arrange for a pick-up time around 9-9:30. There is no way you can predict exactly - most likely someone will end up waiting a bit for the other.

I will be dis-embarking on the 20th of Jan from Equinox.....every cruise so far with Royal I did the self dis-embark and usually wanted to get off fairly early/quickly to catch a cab . Not the case this time as we are spending the day in Miami. So not being in a rush will be nice for a change.

However, I still want to do the self dis-embark as I like to have my luggage with me the night before and the morning I leave....so wonder how easy it would be to simply indicate self dis-embark but actually walk off at a later time with another group(as usually the self dis-embark groups is the early ones off)

We have been able to stay on board to shortly before 10. Then add another 30-45 minutes to clear customs.

We have left as early as 7:40 am and breezed thru immigration. More lines later on in our experience.

I will be dis-embarking on the 20th of Jan from Equinox.....every cruise so far with Royal I did the self dis-embark and usually wanted to get off fairly early/quickly to catch a cab . Not the case this time as we are spending the day in Miami. So not being in a rush will be nice for a change.

However, I still want to do the self dis-embark as I like to have my luggage with me the night before and the morning I leave....so wonder how easy it would be to simply indicate self dis-embark but actually walk off at a later time with another group(as usually the self dis-embark groups is the early ones off)

Not a problem, just walk off whenever you are ready. As long as you can move through the lines without a problem, no one will care.

Ok...good to know. I thought there might be an issue getting off or through customs if I had my luggage and everyone else didn't.

Everyone will have their luggage when they go through customs. You pick up your luggage first - at least other people do. We always do like you and carry our luggage off. It's so nice to enjoy the last night of the cruise without taking time away to pack and then finding out the next morning that you accidently packed something you need. We enjoy a leisurely breakfast, come back to the cabin and pack, and stroll off the ship when ever we want.

Just of interest ...

We sailed on the Equinox last month. Our last port of call was Key West, just prior to heading back into the Port of Miami.

We went through immigration during the cruise, prior to going out in Key West. The process was seamless. Now, for the interesting part, you know those customs forms we all used to fill out ... well, they didn't distribute these. We disembarked, picked up our luggage and were out the door. Hmmmm... something changed here since our last cruise earlier this year. No customs that we encountered.

Not sure if this is the OP's final stop but there was no extra time needed to go through customs or immigration after the cruise. As a matter of fact, the Port of Miami doesn't put your luggage out in a big room and release a section at a time. They have all the luggage coming out on a few large carousels. Very efficient way of doing it, or so we though.

On the morning of our disembarkation, we were also staying in the area for a couple of nights. We had a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR and got off after we finished our breakfast. We left the dining room around 9:15 AM and were ready for our ride by about 9:30 AM.

• 8 months later...
Just of interest ...

We sailed on the Equinox last month. Our last port of call was Key West, just prior to heading back into the Port of Miami.

We went through immigration during the cruise, prior to going out in Key West. The process was seamless. Now, for the interesting part, you know those customs forms we all used to fill out ... well, they didn't distribute these. We disembarked, picked up our luggage and were out the door. Hmmmm... something changed here since our last cruise earlier this year. No customs that we encountered.

Not sure if this is the OP's final stop but there was no extra time needed to go through customs or immigration after the cruise. As a matter of fact, the Port of Miami doesn't put your luggage out in a big room and release a section at a time. They have all the luggage coming out on a few large carousels. Very efficient way of doing it, or so we though.

On the morning of our disembarkation, we were also staying in the area for a couple of nights. We had a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR and got off after we finished our breakfast. We left the dining room around 9:15 AM and were ready for our ride by about 9:30 AM.

Sorry to bring up an older thread but this is of interest to me. We are cruising on the Equinox late October and plan to self disembark the ship. We have never done this before. Our flight out of Miami is 11:00 AM.

What approximate time can we get off the ship if the arrival time listed is 7AM?

The last port is Key West. Does this itinerary still make for an expedited trip through customs?

Any recent cruisers on this itinerary have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

MrJulius

We did self debarkation from the Equinox last month. Posted time was 7am, we showed up at 6:30 and the line was 3/4 of the way through the Ensemble Lounge. By 6:45 getting to Blu was a problem as they line ran all around tge Ensemble. There was a delay so it was closer to 7:30 when we started moving. We were in a Uber by 8:20 and at the airport with plenty of time for our 11:30 flight.