Bathroom toiletries

corky441

our Viking Italian Sojourn cruise is just a little over 80 days from now.

As I start the official luggage packing lists, I’m wondering if someone who has been on an Ocean cruise could help me.

I really don’t want to have to pack shampoo, conditioner, body lotion or shower gel.

I am wondering what you thought of the quality of the products provided??

Always looking for a way to maximize luggage space and weight.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

:)

I thought they were fine. The only exception is the shampoo which I insist on using my own. It's for color treated hair and includes a conditioner. My husband was ok with the shampoo but he's not a good judge given how much (or little) he has. I carry my shampoo in a camping size bottle that you can buy in a pack from LLBeans or any camping supply store.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the same question, and also about the hairdryer. I thought the toiletries were on par with those of a nice, but not deluxe, hotel. I brought my own lotion and shower gel because I have sensitive skin. But what is provided is certainly fine, if you don't have particularly issues, including the hairdryer, which was better than those found in most hotels.

I have skin issues with certain products. When we did our river cruise last year, I saw that they were using L'Occitane products. I got some to test. Wasn't wild about the scent, but it was okay for a week. Shortly after, they changed to their proprietary brand, Freyja. I posted on their FB page to see if there was someplace I could get them. Got an email from Viking, saying that if I sent my address, they would send me samples. Cool.

About a week later I get a box from Viking. Inside was a lovely silver bag, with full sizes (cruise sizes, not itty bitty samples) of all the products with a nice note! I tried them - they were fine! I left mine home. And I will be leaving them home for our next 2 cruises with Viking!

I have skin issues with certain products. When we did our river cruise last year, I saw that they were using L'Occitane products. I got some to test. Wasn't wild about the scent, but it was okay for a week. Shortly after, they changed to their proprietary brand, Freyja. I posted on their FB page to see if there was someplace I could get them. Got an email from Viking, saying that if I sent my address, they would send me samples. Cool.

About a week later I get a box from Viking. Inside was a lovely silver bag, with full sizes (cruise sizes, not itty bitty samples) of all the products with a nice note! I tried them - they were fine! I left mine home. And I will be leaving them home for our next 2 cruises with Viking!

Well, that is what I call service. Nice gesture by Viking.

I too will leave my products at home and use Freyja

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would love it if you could check and see if there is any Aloe in the products. I am allergic and often find that I have to bring an alternative. It looks like the product is Aloe free when I google it but I would appreciate it if you could check. Thanks!

I dye my hair and I had no problem with their hair shampoo or conditioner. Shower gel is nice but I usually prefer their soap so I bring the gel home to family. The body lotion is also very nice as I have extremely dry skin. I’m at 38 days and the only thing that I have done is reserve hospice stay for my bull dog, you folks are very good.

Fpacifico ,so sad for you to say good-bye to your Dog before you leave...

I board Viking Sun a week from today and will try and remember to check for Aloe content in the products.

Fpacifico ,so sad for you to say good-bye to your Dog before you leave...

I board Viking Sun a week from today and will try and remember to check for Aloe content in the products.

Thanks for your kind words. We’re hoping that he will wait till we return so he can leave in my arms. But he likes the neurology staff at the Vet hospital so I know they will keep him comfortable and they will make the right decisions.

I have skin issues with certain products. When we did our river cruise last year, I saw that they were using . I got some to test. Wasn't wild about the scent, but it was okay for a week. Shortly after, they changed to their proprietary brand, Freyja. I posted on their FB page to see if there was someplace I could get them. Got an email from Viking, saying that if I sent my address, they would send me samples. Cool.

Write to the company Freyja I believe they are the same company as L'Occitane products they are very good. We had them in our river cruise this past July. I thought that they were good too, I have treated hair and it was ok. I do not think you need to buy or bring a lot of shampoo if you plan to washing your hair every day. I know that the airplanes do not allow anything bigger than 3 oz and that's the same size as what they give you on the ships.

I would love it if you could check and see if there is any Aloe in the products. I am allergic and often find that I have to bring an alternative. It looks like the product is Aloe free when I google it but I would appreciate it if you could check. Thanks!

Bet you can write tellus@vikingcruises.com and ask for an ingredient list or if the products are aloe-free. Just wave the allergy flag.

Bet you can write tellus@vikingcruises.com and ask for an ingredient list or if the products are aloe-free. Just wave the allergy flag.

If they're not non-allergenic, they may have a non-allergenic alternative they can provide. I'm inquiring about replacing down with polyester bedding on our cruise on the Sky in 9 days. If memory serves I was able to whine and be properly pitiful with our room steward on the Star last year to get our pillows replaced but it'd be better to be down free from the beginning.

Edited by CharTrav

Write to the company Freyja I believe they are the same company as L'Occitane products they are very good. We had them in our river cruise this past July. I thought that they were good too, I have treated hair and it was ok. I do not think you need to buy or bring a lot of shampoo if you plan to washing your hair every day. I know that the airplanes do not allow anything bigger than 3 oz and that's the same size as what they give you on the ships.

I’m good! [emoji41]. No need to write to anyone. Viking sent me the Freya products. They were fine. FYI you can take larger than 3 oz. if you pack it in checked luggage.

I had the same question, and also about the hairdryer. I thought the toiletries were on par with those of a nice, but not deluxe, hotel. I brought my own lotion and shower gel because I have sensitive skin. But what is provided is certainly fine, if you don't have particularly issues, including the hairdryer, which was better than those found in most hotels.

Thank you for the info re hairdryer. Much more important to me than the toiletries and I really don’t want to have to bring my own ! Hope it wasn’t one of those where you have to hold down the controls ?

Thank you for the info re hairdryer. Much more important to me than the toiletries and I really don’t want to have to bring my own ! Hope it wasn’t one of those where you have to hold down the controls ?

No, I didn't have to hold down the controls. It was a regular, full size hair dryer with plenty of power. The only issue for me, as it is almost everywhere in Europe, was that I couldn't use it in the bathroom. It was on the desk, and I had to lug all my styling products and brushes out there from the bathroom. Oh well, small problem...

Well, that is what I call service. Nice gesture by Viking.

I too will leave my products at home and use Freyja

They are very nice and leave your hairdryer at home - their is 220 volt with two pins . Hot enough and smaller in size .

Don’t have to hold down and they dry hair quickly!