anyone with recent taxi fare cost from ship to Carambola beach club ???

brockmom

We took a taxi a few years ago and can't remember the cost. anyone know???

I do see an excursion we could do which basically is simply the transfers but would prefer to be on my own schedule

with a taxi if possible .

thanks !

Brockmom

From what I remember it was $4 but that was about 2 years ago. Either way pretty cheap & your driver will make arrangements w/ the van load as to when pick up will be. But there will always be plenty of drivers in the lobby around 2:30-3 looking for more people

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there in December - at the end of the pier Taxi marshals organise people to where they are going. You may have a short wait until they have 6 to 8 people - costs $4 /pp each way. The Carambola beach club has far more sun Umbrellas than the past but would still recommend that you place reservation on their website which requires no advance payment and they will keep your reservation until 11.00am. http://www.carambolabeachclub.com

We were there in December - at the end of the pier Taxi marshals organise people to where they are going. You may have a short wait until they have 6 to 8 people - costs $4 /pp each way. The Carambola beach club has far more sun Umbrellas than the past but would still recommend that you place reservation on their website which requires no advance payment and they will keep your reservation until 11.00am. www.carambolabeachclub.com

As an option, you can also bypass the marshall and go directly to the taxi depot a few blocks down the street on the right one block off. Easy enough to grab a taxi there and make the return arrangements directly with the driver.

As an option, you can also bypass the marshall and go directly to the taxi depot a few blocks down the street on the right one block off. Easy enough to grab a taxi there and make the return arrangements directly with the driver.

To perhaps save a $1? Really walk several blocks instead of just getting in a taxi at the port ? Our last trip to Carambola it was just the 2 of us port to beach and no waiting to fill up

Time before that it took a total of 5 minutes to fill the taxi

The dispatchers know what they are doing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To perhaps save a $1? Really walk several blocks instead of just getting in a taxi at the port ? Our last trip to Carambola it was just the 2 of us port to beach and no waiting to fill up

Time before that it took a total of 5 minutes to fill the taxi

The dispatchers know what they are doing

It isn't a matter of trying to save any money or questioning the dispatchers ability - nowhere did I say or imply that. Going to the depot was only mentioned as an option.

The first year we were there and went to Carambola the taxi representatives we encountered as we walked into town were trying to sell tours around the island, which we did not want. When we asked instead about Carambola, they refereed us to the depot. We happened upon the taxi depot on our own from that and thought that was the protocol.

Just how we did it, that's all, and mentioned again only as an option as that has been the easiest way for us to get there. No need to be critical regarding my response - or to imply something I did not say.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for the tip. (y)

December 2017....$4/person. Went to the taxi stand just outside ship security. No need to book a return....there are plenty of taxis waiting at the beach to take people back. We were there early....around 10am. Went back by 1pm when the beach was starting to get crowded.

You're welcome. If you've not been there before, Carambola is a great beach club. About a half mile walk down the beach is the Shipwreck Bar - inexpensive good food and drinks if interested as a option to the more expensive restaurant and bar at Carambola.

We have been there previously, but that was at the end of a island tour with Thenford Grey. We toured in the morning and spent the afternoon at the Carambola. On our next visit, we are planning on heading straight there, and your option gives us the chance to stretch our legs a bit before hopping into a taxi. Again, thanks!

We have been there previously, but that was at the end of a island tour with Thenford Grey. We toured in the morning and spent the afternoon at the Carambola. On our next visit, we are planning on heading straight there, and your option gives us the chance to stretch our legs a bit before hopping into a taxi. Again, thanks!

Enjoy!

c539d1e61cb103d1b9f50a7623b49591.jpg

The cost is usually $4/5 per person or $16 if you have the cab to yourself. We had a wonderful cab driver who had the cleanest and newest car I’ve seen in St. Kitts. He was very nice and perfectly on time to pick us up. Stopped to let us take some quick photos. His card is attached above if you’re thinking of a tour or anything extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't a matter of trying to save any money or questioning the dispatchers ability - nowhere did I say or imply that. Going to the depot was only mentioned as an option.

The first year we were there and went to Carambola the taxi representatives we encountered as we walked into town were trying to sell tours around the island, which we did not want. When we asked instead about Carambola, they refereed us to the depot. We happened upon the taxi depot on our own from that and thought that was the protocol.

Just how we did it, that's all, and mentioned again only as an option as that has been the easiest way for us to get there. No need to be critical regarding my response - or to imply something I did not say.

I just wanted to make it clear to the posters that there is no need to leave the port to get a taxi.

It is easily gotten right in the port right under the big taxi sign. By doing it this way you avoid the tour hawkers

c539d1e61cb103d1b9f50a7623b49591.jpg

The cost is usually $4/5 per person or $16 if you have the cab to yourself. We had a wonderful cab driver who had the cleanest and newest car I’ve seen in St. Kitts. He was very nice and perfectly on time to pick us up. Stopped to let us take some quick photos. His card is attached above if you’re thinking of a tour or anything extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we did pay $16 for 2 and had a van cab to ourselves

Coming back we were in a shared taxi and I inadvertently gave the driver $16 again. He didn't look at it and just put it in his pocket but then a couple from this van counted out $8 and gave it to him and again he just put it in his pocket

When I told him of my mistake he gladly gave me back $8 no problem at all. I only took $6 back though and gave him the $2 as a tip.