Rooms/Beds on Ruby Princess

ctousley819

Morning CC!

Question for some experienced Princess cruisers. We are currently booked on a July 2018 cruise to Alaska on the Emerald Princess, inside cabin. There are three of us...my wife and myself plus our 5 y/o. Before knowing much about anything, we booked the cruise and I misunderstood the bed arraingement. We will have two twin plus two uppers. Needless to say, not ideal.

Well, as luck would have it we need to postpone our cruise until 2019, which works for me because now I can save longer/more for a larger room. However, I still seem to be running into the same issue even if I look at a Balcony room. Does Princess have any type of rooms other than the suites that offer a queen and a sofa bed? I see on the other cruise lines most of them have the ability to have sofa beds in a balcony room. I can do a suite if needed, but if I can save a little for a balcony that would be ideal. I definitely will be getting a room with a queen and a sofa bed. Won't make the current mistake again!

I would like to stay with a Princess Cruise, and the Ruby has the itinerary I would want because I would prefer Glacier Bay over Tracy Arm.

Thanks!

Chaz

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

You need a mini-suite which comes with a sofa that can be made into a bed. It is a bigger cabin and includes a full bathroom with tub/shower which might be very useful with a 5 y/o. They are located on deck 9 and the aft of deck 8. The aft deck 8 balcony is shaded by deck 9 and fairly private while the deck 9 balcony is mostly open to the sky and your fellow cruisers above you.

A mini suite will work much better for you. There's a tub in the bathroom and your 5 y/o may like that better than a shower in the balcony cabin. The two twin beds are squished together to make a queen bed and then the sofa bed is in the other area near the balcony with another TV, so there are 2 in the room.

The child will be one year older, able to handle an upper berth. Just a guess, but a 6 year old would probably enjoy an upper berth.

Balcony Cat. cabins configure with lower berths in the twin position and an upper berth that lowers from the ceiling.

Deluxe balcony cat. cabin will handle the 3rd person on the small convertible sofa beds. Deluxe balcony cabins will be available in 2019 on the Royal Princess as it will be in Alaska for the 2019 summer season.

Some balcony cabins can handle the 3rd passenger with a rollaway. Using the rollaway limits space in the already small cabin. This would have to be specially requested.

All mini suites have a sofa bed for the 3rd passenger.

FYI, Balcony & Deluxe balcony cabins have showers. Mini suites have a tub/shower.