How busy are the fitness centers onboard most ships?

Slash8915

I'm going to be on the Valor at the end of January, and I definitely planned on keeping up with my workout schedule. I was just wondering how packed the gyms onboard get throughout the day? With over 2000 people on the ship, I assume it wouldn't take much for the gyms to get overloaded.

Edited by Slash8915

As an early riser, I found early mornings (7ish) to be pretty empty, actually. Maybe it picks up a bit after I leave. I find the advantage to the early morning visit to the gym is getting a full sized shower, rather than the smaller cabin showers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Im a runner, and try to get in a few miles every day. I found the busy-ness of the gym varies cruise to cruise. On our last cruise in October, it was busy every day. I was there late afternoon... on the Magic in January, no one was in the gym with me...

My DH is always there at 6am-ish every day. I go about half the time with him. We have been there for an hour when it filled up. Most people stay a full hour on treadmills or machines. So for 6am when they open, until 8am it is always busy we have found. No idea the rest of day.

I don't use the gym as much as using the outdoor track . Like everyone else said, the treadmills and ellipticals are in use a lot, mostly early morning thru mid morning. I think after noon, it's pretty free. I use the gym again in the evening , around 4pm to 6pm, and both the gym and dressing rooms are empty. I enjoy using the steam room and showers before dinner. I love the fact that you can eat, drink and party so much, but still get up and keep somewhat of a fitness routine. I have also taken spin classes on board and they were full.

I'm going to be on the Valor at the end of January, and I definitely planned on keeping up with my workout schedule. I was just wondering how packed the gyms onboard get throughout the day? With over 2000 people on the ship, I assume it wouldn't take much for the gyms to get overloaded.

if you find that the gym is to packed there's always workouts that you can do in your cabin with items in there