Cruise Air to Australia?

I’ve had great success with Royal/Celeb Air purchase(both one way and round trip) in the past for Europe, even last minute, but wondering if anyone has any experience with it for Australia. I can’t seem to be able to beat the ridiculous cost for coach, let alone any cabin higher. Any good tips on how to get the air to match the affordable cruise fare from the US?

Are you saying that you are not seeing good prices from Air2Sea for one-way travel to Australia? We had a transpacific cruise booked (had to cancel) and found very good prices with Air2Sea. How far in advance is your flight? The competition really does not start untuil about 11 months before the flight.

Looking at a March departure. Last min diversion from a planned Caribbean cruise due to zika concerns from my physician. Cabins are priced less than comparable Caribbean options but airfare is basically 2x the cost even in coach. Since we are post final payment we won’t book unless Air sorts itself out.

I’ve been tracking it for a bit and it either matches google flights or avoids offering me some of the actual flights that might work. I’ve never had an issue even last min with Europe (bought in April for early June once...)

Sounds like I should keep checking back. Any other comparable places to find or evaluate flight costs?

I have flown to the States a few times from Australia,although I have never flown above economy (coach) I have to say QANTAS runs A380,s Sydney to LAX and the A380, flights have been my best experiences of long haul flying ever!

On the upper deck of the A380,s there is a very small/limited section of economy seats as most of the upper deck is Business class, these seats get booked first for those who know about them.

Try "seat Guru" to get an idea of the best most comfortable seats to pick even for the old 747,s if premium style seating is going to be way too expensive.

Flights from Australia to US have never been cheaper, we can get return flights for $1100 au $860us when on special, to give you an example 3 years ago they were $1600au on special and 5 years ago $2400au and at that time the au$ was parity with the us$ so it cost us $2400us each return:mad:

We booked our one way flight to Australia directly from Air New Zealand. We were already on their email list and booked during a sale. The sale price for premium economy was about $900 p/p and less than Air2Sea was offering.

Does air2sea have a website that you can access to check flights or do you need to contact them direct?

Not sure what you mean by "check fliights".

If you mean checking prices, use this: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

If you want to check on flight status, on time, check-in, etc., you use the airline's website.

I’ve had great success with Royal/Celeb Air purchase(both one way and round trip) in the past for Europe, even last minute, but wondering if anyone has any experience with it for Australia. I can’t seem to be able to beat the ridiculous cost for coach, let alone any cabin higher. Any good tips on how to get the air to match the affordable cruise fare from the US?

In the last three years, I have used Choice Air/AIR2SEA thee separate times for transpac cruises on both Celebrity and Royal... One way LAX-Sydney (or reverse) were $609, (Hawaiian) $619 (Delta) most recently $639. (Delta) Never had a single problem. Same for many more one ways to/from Europe for eleven tranatlantics.

Same with others that the pricing I've seen for the past few years with ChoiceAir has been similar to bookings outside them. As a result I've booked other channels where it's been slightly cheaper (plus was burnt with the class restrictions ChoiceAir added last time I flew with them).

In short, keep checking but don't be surprised if they don't come up cheaper.

I flew from Philadelphia to Sydney this past March. I researched the heck out of the possibilities and ended up booking it myself on a discount site. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but it all worked out quite well.

You would get cheaper fare than I did because my cross country flight was more expensive than yours would be to get to either LAX or SFO. (I flew PHL-SFO, SFO-SYD). Heck, you could even opt to rent a car one way to LAX and have only one flight. :)

I used cheapfareguru

Thanks all for your input and data points. $1k in eco is indeed on the high side of average for lax-syd. $600-800 is closer to the break even point for the fare differential. I’d just be happy with even Just taking the extra assurance for the same price, but if it remains, we can’t justify (not that we can’t afford) the expense.

Thanks all for your input and data points. $1k in eco is indeed on the high side of average for lax-syd. $600-800 is closer to the break even point for the fare differential. I’d just be happy with even Just taking the extra assurance for the same price, but if it remains, we can’t justify (not that we can’t afford) the expense.

Dont give up cheap flights are out there you just have to look every day.

My friend is a Qantas Steward who flies the Sydney to Texas rout that may be cheaper for you but its a grueling 15+hour flight:(

Not sure if it services Houston or Dallas?