Please tell me something good about Enchantment!

So we leave on Feb 12 for 4 nights to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West. My bestie is coming and its her first cruise ver. We chose this one due to schedule an port. We have been talking all day about it so I figured Id check some reviews to feed my excitement. Literally every review in December is terrible. This ship just came out of drydock so Im surprised that every review said soda machines, some elevators, ice cream machines were all out of order frequently. People also complained about cleanliness, especially windows. As well most reported disappointing food and service.

If you go on to the November reviews most people were really happy. Good food, good service, clean.... what the heck? I don't believe that so many people posting similar experiences (both months) can be a coincidence. Could there be an all new staff due to drydock? How does the food take such a turn? New kitchen staff? I would assume things would be serviced in drydock, am I wrong?

I realize these are all just opinions but have any recent cruisers enjoyed after drydock?

In the adult pool area, there was a lunch serving area where they cut roast beef sandwiches (Kemmelwick) and they were delicious. And I had a blast on the bungee trampoline. I sailed on her in 2013 I think?

Thanks all so far! I actually didn't know about the trampoline and I realized I haven't looked up the different bars!

Champagne reading reviews before I go is fun for me and I usually learn things I would have gone all vacation without knowing! I'm a total planner though lol :)

So we leave on Feb 12 for 4 nights to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West. My bestie is coming and its her first cruise ver. We chose this one due to schedule an port. We have been talking all day about it so I figured Id check some reviews to feed my excitement. Literally every review in December is terrible. This ship just came out of drydock so Im surprised that every review said soda machines, some elevators, ice cream machines were all out of order frequently. People also complained about cleanliness, especially windows. As well most reported disappointing food and service.

If you go on to the November reviews most people were really happy. Good food, good service, clean.... what the heck? I don't believe that so many people posting similar experiences (both months) can be a coincidence. Could there be an all new staff due to drydock? How does the food take such a turn? New kitchen staff? I would assume things would be serviced in drydock, am I wrong?

I realize these are all just opinions but have any recent cruisers enjoyed after drydock?

Look at it this way- maybe December there were a lot of new staff members and it was a earning curve issue, so that will mean that YOUR cruise will be wonderful:D

Sometimes people post things just to vent- I've been on several ships (Carnival and other RCCL) where the same issues were mentioned. Don't listen to the negative because there's a lot of fun to be had- either by relaxing or partaking in the activities. A "bad" day on a ship is better than a good day at work. Nassau, CocoCay and Key West sound wonderful especially when the US is in a deep freeze....and I for one am jealous that you're looking forward to a cruise!

Have a great time!

Have a great cruise. A few years ago my bff and I went on the Liberty. The months before we sailed all it had was terrible reviews and I was very apprehensive as it was my friend's first cruise. We went and had an awesome cruise and the ship was wonderful.

The Solarium is wonderful. We spent time in there as a family with adult kids, and that’s where I would go in the morning for coffee and continental breakfast before everyone else was up.

The tramps are cool but you can’t do flips. The rock climbing walls are fun.

A cruise is what you make it. Your friend has nothing to compare it to so she’ll be impressed anyway. Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year I went on the same ship (Majesty) with the same itinerary 4 months apart and it was amazing how night and day MY experience was. First time was pretty unhappy (not really enough to complain about, just thought I would never sail Majesty again) and 4 months later got a chance to sail her for a great price so took a chance and I am so happy I did! My point is just that sometimes a trip can be the same yet so very different.

And I second the thought that a bad day on a cruise is better than (most) days at work. Have a GREAT time. Enchantment is nice!

I was on Enchantment in Dec and absolutely loved it. Everyone has differing opinions and expectations so I wouldn't be too worried. Shows/entertainment were fantastic. Ship didn't seem crowded - never had a problem getting good seats at the pool or theater. Crew was very friendly and helpful. CoCo Cay was perfect - beautiful relaxing beach day.

You guys are the best! I knew I could count on my fellow ccers to get me out of that negative place!

I checked out the actual bars and stuff and am excited! We want to take boleros lessons for sure! We will hit karaoke every night its available. Please someone tell me they have a sing along piano night?? I had no idea of the huge pool deck and the solarium looks awesome! I booked chops for lunch on boarding day to get her in tbe spirit! Do they not have a johnny rockets on this ship?

Thanks!!

You guys are the best! I knew I could count on my fellow ccers to get me out of that negative place!

I checked out the actual bars and stuff and am excited! We want to take boleros lessons for sure! We will hit karaoke every night its available. Please someone tell me they have a sing along piano night?? I had no idea of the huge pool deck and the solarium looks awesome! I booked chops for lunch on boarding day to get her in tbe spirit! Do they not have a johnny rockets on this ship?

Thanks!!

No Johnny Rockets. Whether they have a sing along piano depends on the particular performer who is assigned to the Schooner Bar in the evening. Some don't do the sing a long thing.

No Johnny Rockets. Whether they have a sing along piano depends on the particular performer who is assigned to the Schooner Bar in the evening. Some don't do the sing a long thing.

Ok fair enough!! But there is a piano player each night at schooner bar? We are very good at starting our own sing along lol!

Ok fair enough!! But there is a piano player each night at schooner bar? We are very good at starting our own sing along lol!

Yes, unless there is some sort of conflict, there is usually a piano player in Schooner every night.

Currently on board.

Roast beef sandwiches in Park cafe were great, nice lean cuts of beef. One sofa machine on deck 6 was out of order day 1 but fixed later, all ice cream machines were working.

Looks like a lot of new carpet and all chairs look reupholstered.

Inside cabins on 8,7 and 6 received complete new bathrooms, and reupholstered chairs. They were supposed to do all inside cabins but ran out of time.

Chops was great as we had the 3 night dining package, didn’t go to the MDR.

If rust bothers you then don’t look. They didn’t do much, if any painting outside.

One thing that we noticed was that the shows were only a lost a third full, felt sorry for the performers playing to an empty house.

For anyone that think a dry dock is relaxing for the crew it is anything but. Our cabin steward was saying that it was all 14 hour days trying to get everything done.

Our interior on deck four had a new bathroom and new carpet. Cabin was great but mattress and pillows were awful. Hubby was very jealous of my new mattress pad.

Loved our cabin steward and our dinners at Chops.

Plenty of things to like including the Solarium, the Park Cafe, the big screen TV on the pool deck, the lovely Centrum, the headliners, and the fun parties held in the Centrum.