Infant care?

Sorry if this has been posted, but I searched and couldn't find it. Carnival's website says that for kids too young for Camp Carnival, they have infant care at $6.75 per hour. But it says "limited times". Anyone know when the times are when they offer infant care? Could we expect to be able to use it during dinner or for a couple hours on a port day?

Okay, forgive me if I'm just completely missing but I read the link again (that was where I already looked) and I still only see "hours may vary" and "limited times". Nothing that actually specifies when the infant care would be. Hoping to find out from someone who has used it if they were able to use it to go to dinner or to explore a port.

When we went last January it was in the evenings from like 10pm-12 I think. We never used it because the times did not work since my son was already asleep by then.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

This is what confuses me. Because it does list the "night owls" time after 10, but it does say there are other times throughout the day, but does not give any examples of other times. Our toddler is kind of a beast at restaurants and would love if she could play for like an hour so we can eat in the nicer restaurants.

Here's the info about port days and evenings...

Under 2 Infant Care

• Port Days: While in port, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child), however, we do not provide meal times for any children Under 2.
  • Evenings: Night Owls (babysitting fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child). From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the camp facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls. Cribs are available if needed.

Sorry- no experience with this to share beyond what I quoted above...

the hours may vary depending on the need for infant care.no infants then no need for hours.i'm sure once you are on the ship camp carnival will help you.maybe try e-mailing john heald.he try's to help everybody

This is what confuses me. Because it does list the "night owls" time after 10, but it does say there are other times throughout the day, but does not give any examples of other times. Our toddler is kind of a beast at restaurants and would love if she could play for like an hour so we can eat in the nicer restaurants.

They had some open time where the parents could stay with the babies while they played. No paid services during meal times. It is the same staff the runs the kids club so no under 2 care during camp hours and I think the staff gets their breaks during dinner times. The night owls is just all age groups in one open room, sounded like they would have some pack n plays set up for the under 2 kids to sleep. However there were a lot of small toys and a slide thing in the room when we went to the open play and I was hesitant to leave my very curious 15 month old with what would most likely be not constant supervision. I think the day time hours they mention are on Port days but I would personally not be comfortable leaving my toddler there while I went in shore. The MDR went ok for the most part, but a few times I did have to leave for a bit if he started to cry and fuss, surprise surprise my husband only took him out one of the times...

They had some open time where the parents could stay with the babies while they played. No paid services during meal times. It is the same staff the runs the kids club so no under 2 care during camp hours and I think the staff gets their breaks during dinner times. The night owls is just all age groups in one open room, sounded like they would have some pack n plays set up for the under 2 kids to sleep. However there were a lot of small toys and a slide thing in the room when we went to the open play and I was hesitant to leave my very curious 15 month old with what would most likely be not constant supervision. I think the day time hours they mention are on Port days but I would personally not be comfortable leaving my toddler there while I went in shore. The MDR went ok for the most part, but a few times I did have to leave for a bit if he started to cry and fuss, surprise surprise my husband only took him out one of the times...

Thank you! This is pretty helpful. I didn't think I would feel comfortable leaving her to go ashore, but wasn't sure if that was even an option, since it did say "port days". My primary use would be for dinner time (if that was available). We currently do what you mentioned (one of us will leave), but I was thinking it would be really nice if we could both relax and enjoy a dinner for once. But alas, it sounds like that is not going to happen. :rolleyes::loudcry:

Thank you! This is pretty helpful. I didn't think I would feel comfortable leaving her to go ashore, but wasn't sure if that was even an option, since it did say "port days". My primary use would be for dinner time (if that was available). We currently do what you mentioned (one of us will leave), but I was thinking it would be really nice if we could both relax and enjoy a dinner for once. But alas, it sounds like that is not going to happen. :rolleyes::loudcry:

Lol yeah probably not. We still had a great time and I would like to do it again! It will be a different cruise experience then your are used to if you did it before kids but life in general is different after kids anyways! I've already started thinking about going again after i have this new little one. I think we are going to try and leave the kids with grandparents for the next one (10 year anniversary trip) then take the kids on the next one.

Our toddler is kind of a beast at restaurants and would love if she could play for like an hour so we can eat in the nicer restaurants.

It might be more enjoyable to wait another year until your "beast at restaurants" is able to cope better. Except for room service all ship dining is restaurant-like (even the Lido once you get your food.)

By that time she'd over age 2 and able to join in the camp activities while you have you nice dinners. Some parents even sit with their kids for a family dinner in the Lido (parents have coffee and the kids eat their food). The parents then drop the kids off at camp and have a peaceful dinner together.