Future Cruise Deposit

Tiggipaws

Hello

I live in the UK. Whilst on the Eurodam I paid a future cruise deposit. I have had a call from the travel company I booked the original cruise with. They have said that Holland America have informed them about the deposit, and say that I need to book the cruise with them. (travel company) Before I enquire with Holland America is this correct?

Thank you

Hopefully, someone who lives in the UK will be able to give you a definitive answer as to how it works there. I can tell you how it works in the US.

Here, when we purchase a Future Cruise Deposit, it is just an open booking, and when the time comes to book an actual cruise we can use any travel agency we choose. There are no restrictions.

If we book a cruise while on the ship, it will be assigned to the TA who had the listing for the cruise we are on unless we sign a waiver withholding the listing then and there. It is easily done.

<snip> Here, when we purchase a Future Cruise Deposit, it is just an open booking, and when the time comes to book an actual cruise we can use any travel agency we choose. There are no restrictions.

If we book a cruise while on the ship, it will be assigned to the TA who had the listing for the cruise we are on unless we sign a waiver withholding the listing then and there. It is easily done.

My goodness, there is so much to learn!

Oh the UK. Well I can give you recent experience. It was very long and involved so I will try to keep this brief. On our October cruise my sister and I purchased FCD's. She lives in the UK and I live in NA so we each purchased in our own currency. When I reviewed my credit card statement I saw they had charged my card with her purchase due to the currency conversion. While on the phone booking another cruise with the PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) I asked him about her FCD. At first he didn't see it because it was in another currency so it didn't automatically pop up for him. Long story short, he said when she was ready to use it she could transfer it to a US booking and they would do the conversion at that time. The FC Consultant should have confirmed with you that you wanted your TA to be credited and notified. At any point, have you received an automated email introducing your HAL PCC? I would start with them for clarification because you have total control over your booking. Just have them remove the referral. Sorry if this is as clear as mud. :(

Hello

I live in the UK. Whilst on the Eurodam I paid a future cruise deposit. I have had a call from the travel company I booked the original cruise with. They have said that Holland America have informed them about the deposit, and say that I need to book the cruise with them. (travel company) Before I enquire with Holland America is this correct?

Thank you

You really should enquire with HAL. While it is policy for HAL to tell the agency that you booked with about your FCD purchase, it is not (in the US) necessary to use that agency for a booking that uses the FCD that you purchased onboard.

HAL maintains the record of your FCD within the records that it keeps on you, regardless of whether you have a travel agent or not.

I always buy FCD's when onboard, priced in Euros. Recently HAL changed the rules regarding cancellations and changes for European customers. European customers can no longer cancel without losing the FCD. They can make a change ok. You should have been given a copy of the terms by the consultant on board.

We never use a Travel Agent - always do our own booking online and then add the FCD by phone. I doubt that you are 'locked' to your current TA, as it is you that holds the FCD not the TA.

Hello

Thank you for all the replies. I have sent an email to HAL

When you say you have sent an email to HAL, which HAL have you sent it to? I have found dot co dot uk to be less than useless. They know little and even less about FCD's. I suggest that you send your email to: hal_ship_services@hollandamerica.com whom I have always found to be very responsive.

When you say you have sent an email to HAL, which HAL have you sent it to? I have found dot co dot uk to be less than useless. They know little and even less about FCD's. I suggest that you send your email to: hal_ship_services@hollandamerica.com whom I have always found to be very responsive.

Yes I have sent it to ship servces and also Nicola Perry who usually answers any queries pretty quickly