Haven Restaurant limitations?

bbnjcruiser

• 1 month later...

You can order anything from any restaurant in any quantity at the Haven.

They will also make you special order food - just let them know in advance so all the meals get served at once...I am a vegan, and have had some of the best food of my life in the Haven.

Even cooler - room service from any restaurant (except 1) - no sushi however as there are sanitary laws about uncooked fish being transported anywhere in the ship except the sushi restaurant itself.

Prepared to be pampered!

Amy

This is good to know. We have only cruised Disney in the past so November will be our first with another cruise line. We are currently booked in the Haven (although I'm having anxiety about spending so much $$). We wanted to splurge a bit since we are celebrating a landmark birthday, our 15th wedding anniversary, and my daughters birthday. I was slightly worried about the dining experience. My husband loves trying new dishes and desserts (he is one of the few that can eat and not gain an ounce). I am gluten free so that can always be a challenge so typically would stick with fish or chicken, veggies and a salad. On our Alaskan cruise, I ate salmon every single night and truly was a bit bored. It sounds like the Haven dining offers a lot of flexibility.

This is good to know. We have only cruised Disney in the past so November will be our first with another cruise line. We are currently booked in the Haven (although I'm having anxiety about spending so much $$). We wanted to splurge a bit since we are celebrating a landmark birthday, our 15th wedding anniversary, and my daughters birthday. I was slightly worried about the dining experience. My husband loves trying new dishes and desserts (he is one of the few that can eat and not gain an ounce). I am gluten free so that can always be a challenge so typically would stick with fish or chicken, veggies and a salad. On our Alaskan cruise, I ate salmon every single night and truly was a bit bored. It sounds like the Haven dining offers a lot of flexibility.

NCL is great with gluten free, just contact the access desk in advance, you will meet with the dietary manager the first day. Dd ordered her breakfasts and dinners the day before, they were delivered wherever she wanted. Pasta, pizza, rolls, pancakes, waffles, eggs Benedict, muffins... she loves to cruise, better food than at home.

NCL is great with gluten free, just contact the access desk in advance, you will meet with the dietary manager the first day. Dd ordered her breakfasts and dinners the day before, they were delivered wherever she wanted. Pasta, pizza, rolls, pancakes, waffles, eggs Benedict, muffins... she loves to cruise, better food than at home.

My daughters friend is GF will she be able to order something she enjoyed in one of the other restaurants to be delivered to the Haven restaurant when we have dinner there?

My daughters friend is GF will she be able to order something she enjoyed in one of the other restaurants to be delivered to the Haven restaurant when we have dinner there?

Yes.

It should be arraigned as early as possible since it takes time/resources to get things from one end of the ship to another.

Let either the concierge or maitre d know beforehand so they can work out the details.

The friend is staying in a suite, I presume.

Yes.

It should be arraigned as early as possible since it takes time/resources to get things from one end of the ship to another.

Let either the concierge or maitre d know beforehand so they can work out the details.

The friend is staying in a suite, I presume.

No the friend and my daughter are not in a suite. Actually they're in a mini suite if that matters. We will be paying for them to join us for dinner. I just want to make sure there will be GF options for her. Thank you

No the friend and my daughter are not in a suite. Actually they're in a mini suite if that matters. We will be paying for them to join us for dinner. I just want to make sure there will be GF options for her. Thank you.

They may not let that happen.

In recent months/years, NCL has denied allowing non-suite guests to eat in the Haven restaurant. The practice of up to 2 guests per visit and up to 2 times per week for $25pp isn't guaranteed.

Different concierges are different and it may be allowed but it isn't something that is as easy as it once was. Ask the concierge and explain the situation as soon as you can.

On my last Breakaway cruise, I told Mary Grace....the Maitre 'D that I missed the Chicken Parm at La Cucina (no longer on the menu) and she called the restaurant and made my reservation and ordered my favorite for both my wife an me. She is fantastic as was the entire Haven restaurant staff!!

It is things like this that really make the Haven venue so special.

Don:cool:

I think you had better be VERY SURE that any "guest" is going to be allowed to eat with you in the Haven. I frankly think it is not going to happen.

I wasn't aware of the practice. Isn't the Haven just for Haven guests? Otherwise, what's the point of paying for private dining?

I wasn't aware of the practice. Isn't the Haven just for Haven guests? Otherwise, what's the point of paying for private dining?

Yes, that was an option to pay for guests. The policy was along the lines of you could invite someone twice and pay like $25 per guest.

Reports here was that it was stopped but then a few reports of it still being allowed.

I happened across a Haven e-brochure on the NCL site lately (this week) that specifically mentions allowing you to invite guests to Haven. It didn't mention price or how many times. I didn't notice a rev date. There have been other materials on the NCL site that have been woefully outdated (Haven welcome letter with O'Sheehan's signature years after he was gone). So who knows.

Yes, that was an option to pay for guests. The policy was along the lines of you could invite someone twice and pay like $25 per guest.

Reports here was that it was stopped but then a few reports of it still being allowed.

I happened across a Haven e-brochure on the NCL site lately (this week) that specifically mentions allowing you to invite guests to Haven. It didn't mention price or how many times. I didn't notice a rev date. There have been other materials on the NCL site that have been woefully outdated (Haven welcome letter with O'Sheehan's signature years after he was gone). So who knows.

Yes, it says you can invite guests to the Haven, because you can. However, it doesn’t mention the restaurant. Apples and oranges.

I was so excited to hear you could order food from other restaurants. My husband would love a lot of the stuff on the Haven menu. Me and my kids, not at all. So I am glad that there are options where he can experiment with the meals without the constraints of us picky eaters. We leave next Sunday, so looking forward to it!