Ft Lauderdale 1/6/19 Crown Princess

johnandlinda

We have this booked and thought maybe webwould enjoy a couple extra pre-cruise days in the sun. Started to look at motels and it appears thats gonna be a tough weekend to find good rates as its right before the NCAA football championship to be played in the Orange Bowl on 1/7

Uhhhhhh.... the national championship game is not the 7th it’s Monday the 8th and it’s in........ATLANTA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Op is talking about 2019

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

You have a year......just make your reservations asap. I've been there twice during spring break and this year during the boat show. You can book a room....just don't dilly-dally around.

I recommend the Hilton Marina (in the tower) or Lago Mar. Ft. Lauderdale hotel rates are always high in high season, no matter what else is going on. Try valuetrips.com to get a good price at a Hyatt hotel (not right at the port).

Edited by Go-Bucks!

You're still a full year away. Many hotel chains, and certainly most discount travel sites, will not have January 2019 open yet. Give it a few more weeks.

(and note that the BCS Championship and the Orange Bowl are two separate games, while there hasn't been a stadium named the Orange Bowl for many years)