In-Suite Breakfast Menu

MDTrip

We are in a Sky Suite – first and probably only time in a Suite. This is a gift for Mom’s 85th birthday. On her birthday, we want to have the butler serve breakfast in the room (or on Veranda depending on the weather.) Can we get the Luminae breakfast menu in the suite, or is it strictly the room service menu? Also, is the room service menu different than what we typically got in Aqua Class?

Thanks.

We are in a Sky Suite – first and probably only time in a Suite. This is a gift for Mom’s 85th birthday. On her birthday, we want to have the butler serve breakfast in the room (or on Veranda depending on the weather.) Can we get the Luminae breakfast menu in the suite, or is it strictly the room service menu? Also, is the room service menu different than what we typically got in Aqua Class?

Thanks.

You cannot get Luminae menu in a suite for any meal. The breakfast menu is basically the same as you have had in Aqua class.

Speak with the Maitre'D at Luminae about this. While company policy is that room service does NOT come from Luminae, sometimes exceptions are made. It is more common for exceptions to be made for those staying in the premium suites (i.e. Royal, Penthouse) but under special circumstances exceptions are made. This is not something to expect you will receive, but depending on the Maitre'D and your relationship with them it may be extended. If you build a good rapport with the Maitre'D and mention that it is for your mother's 85th birthday they *might* be able to make it happen.

Speak with the Maitre'D at Luminae about this. While company policy is that room service does NOT come from Luminae, sometimes exceptions are made. It is more common for exceptions to be made for those staying in the premium suites (i.e. Royal, Penthouse) but under special circumstances exceptions are made. This is not something to expect you will receive, but depending on the Maitre'D and your relationship with them it may be extended. If you build a good rapport with the Maitre'D and mention that it is for your mother's 85th birthday they *might* be able to make it happen.

Agree! Ask and see what can be sorted....

We now seem to book Sky Suites. Our butler has set up breakfast on the balcony. We get coffee and fruit. The butler put a table cloth on the table outside and sets everything for you. Our butlers have never stayed around. After our morning snack we go to Luminae for breakfast. Luminae breakfast ends at 9 am or 9:30 am, depending on port or sea day.

• 5 months later...

Our Butler, Singh is overextenddd. Seems to be working the 30 plus rooms. Ordered room service breakfast, very good. Was never provided a new form for the following day. Requested a form for Dudi, never appeared. Great option, but get theses guys help.

Our Butler, Singh is overextenddd. Seems to be working the 30 plus rooms. Ordered room service breakfast, very good. Was never provided a new form for the following day. Requested a form for Dudi, never appeared. Great option, but get theses guys help.

What ship are you sailing? Type of suite?

No, I don’t complain to people who handle my food. I’ll eat the buffet, lesson learned.

We have always found that the staff on the ships want to know about problems so that can correct them while you are on board. Seems rather unfair to not notify the Suite Manager of the problem and then complain. It could be that the butler is new and needs some training/assaitance, could be he has a very demanding guest who is consuming too much of his time, could be he is covering for a ill co-worker, etc. The Suite Manager is there to make sure the Suite guests have a good experience. Give him or her the opportunity to make your experience a good one.

I seriously doubt that if you brought you concer to them they would do anything to your food.

The Suite Manager is not a food server. He is the supervisor. If you seriously think your butler would jeopardize his job by tampering with your food you can always eat your breakfast in the dining room, Aqua Spa Cafe, Luminae or Oceanview. But if you are unhappy enough to post in a forum like this, management should know and be given an opportunity to improve your service.

We spoke to the Suite Manager on our last cruise in October, 2017. We had a few issues with the Butler. We did not seek her out, she saw us and started asking us questions. We were also sure to point out his positives. Absolutely nothing changed even after she asked us if it had. Just hope we don’t get him on our cruise in September as we are in the same room.

We preferred the pastries from Luminae to those that were normally delivered with room service. We requested that on our room service menu and received them. I'm guessing your butler may have some influence as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I just had to smile. We don't like the pastries in Luminae. Luminae has pastries on steroid. We like the small croissants from room service.

Sky Suite breakfast on balcony - Google Photos

We did a cruise from Hong Kong in Jan 2017 and March 2018 on Millie. In 2017 the Butler had suites from 6132 to 6148. In 2018 the Butler had suites 6116 to 6148. So they added a suite manager and we lost one butler on each side port and starboard. So at least with our cruise. If you any problems with anything outside of the butler set job the butler turns it over to the suite manager to handle.

We sailed on the Equinox the last week in May 2018 out of Miami. We stayed in an S1 suite. It was amazing. Our Butler was phenomenal. He served us a full breakfast on our balcony EVERY morning. We filled out the standard breakfast menu that is in the room. We also wrote in the extra items we wanted. After the second morning, he saved our menu, and we only had to give him the time we wanted him to bring us breakfast. Every morning he gave us a call about 5 minutes before he knocked on the door. We eat gluten-free, and he went out of the way to make sure that the kitchen could provide what we needed. It was an awesome experience, and we are looking forward to our next cruise in Oct 2019 in the same suite.

I would suggest that you talk with your Butler and tell him what you need. We didn't ask for much, but when we did he did not disappoint.