Booking Sanctuary

ne1travel

Another Sanctuary question.

I just want to try to verify something that came up on a previous post on The Sanctuary.

On our three cruises with Princess we have booked The Sanctuary. Each time we did we went to book immediately after embarkation. We were never able to book a week as we were never on board early enough. 1/2 of it was booked for the week and the other 1/2 was for daily booking. So...we ended up getting up early daily to wait in line to book for the day.

It was brought up in the previous post that it is no longer done that way, that you could now get there the first day and could book for the week or say a Monday & Wednesday, or whatever days you’d like.

We are cruising soon on the Regal for the Western Caribbean and would like to know if anyone has recently done this as we’d like to start planning out our days.

Thanks in advance....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just want to try to verify something that came up on a previous post on The Sanctuary.

On our three cruises with Princess we have booked The Sanctuary. Each time we did we went to book immediately after embarkation. We were never able to book a week as we were never on board early enough. 1/2 of it was booked for the week and the other 1/2 was for daily booking. So...we ended up getting up early daily to wait in line to book for the day.

It was brought up in the previous post that it is no longer done that way, that you could now get there the first day and could book for the week or say a Monday & Wednesday, or whatever days you’d like.

We are cruising soon on the Regal for the Western Caribbean and would like to know if anyone has recently done this as we’d like to start planning out our days.

Thanks in advance....

They now allow you to book by the day on embarkation day. You still need to get up there early as those sea days go early just like the weekly pass done.

Thanks in advance....

As our host stated, you can book upon embarkation, but get up there the moment you board. The Sanctuary on board the Regal was wonderful. The comfy loungers were about $40 for a full day(2016)When you get up there check where you want to lie back. It can get very windy & the sun can also be brutal. A cabana solves that, but it's pricey. If you go out to Princess Cay they have a Sanctuary on the Island as well. It's pretty steep at about $160pp(2016)but you get a great cabana that's got A/C the staff also brings food to you, so you don't have to go to the buffet. After all, it's such a looong way to walk to the buffet & you know you deserve the best!

I was just on the Regal, we went up immediately after embarkation (got to port by 10:00), went right up, and booked for 2/3 sea days on our cruise. There was already a short queue and I'll admit, it took longer than it really should have for that line to move. I'm talking 30-40 minutes with 3 small parties in front of us.

Yes, it was QUITE windy up there the two days we chose, but the attendants had moved our chosen chairs further forward so it wasn't quite as blustery. It was $40/chair, per day. We did it, we had a sizeable amount of OBC to use, and we enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'd do it again unless we had OBC like this again. We found the "regular" Retreat Pool and area more than sufficient on the days we were on the ship and not in the Sanctuary. Just our experience.

I have to say I'm not a fan of the Sanctuary on the Royal/Regal class ships. I much prefer it on the older ships, just seems better protected to me. I also prefer not to be in direct sunlight. Not to mention they have priced it so high as to be ridiculous these days! $80 a day for a couple is a bit much, even as much as I love those loungers! :)

Yeah I'll definitely admit that the loungers were far and away WAY more comfortable than my stateroom bed. My understanding is that they are switching the beds onboard the Regal, but not every stateroom has yet been done. I agree though $40/person is a bit steep.

I am interested in ANY news about new beds on the Regal.

I have not heard anything on this, yet. Except maybe Club Class / Suites?????

If we are lucky enough to finally sail the Regal, it will be months away... : (

I am not getting any younger, so the loungers in the Sanctuary, or a retreat Cabana would probably be worth it to me!!!!

I just wonder about silence and boredom??? I like to relax, but!!!