Perth: Top Rated for 2018!

From the CNN cable news in late December, they had this headline: best places to visit in 2018with these highlights regarding Perth: Oft overlooked in favor of Sydney and Melbourne, Perth seems to have finally hit its stride. For starters, the coastal city is better connected than ever, gearing up to welcome the first direct flight linking Australia to Europe next year. New developments and hotels are popping up all over town. Among the fresh faces is the ultra-cool Aloft Perth. The city's building on its lively night market and dense restaurant scene -- now offering more eateries per capita than both Sydney and Melbourne.

Lots of details and ideas are offered in this profile. They also noted: "Don't miss: The artsy port town of Fremantle is where Australia's Little Creatures Brewing got its start. "

When we go back to Australia, we need to have some time for doing Perth and these western areas. Sounds like great fun and very interesting.

Full CNN story at:

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/places-to-visit-2018/index.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 192,879 views for this posting.

One of the best kept secrets in the world!

I always knew that I live in the best city in the best country in the world.

Certainly did not need CNN to tell me that but we are happy to accept tourists from anywhere in the world as we need your money so that the Government can continue to pay high wages for our workers and my pension for us Aussies.

From the CNN cable news in late December, they had this headline: best places to visit in 2018with these highlights regarding Perth: Oft overlooked in favor of Sydney and Melbourne, Perth seems to have finally hit its stride. For starters, the coastal city is better connected than ever, gearing up to welcome the first direct flight linking Australia to Europe next year. New developments and hotels are popping up all over town. Among the fresh faces is the ultra-cool Aloft Perth. The city's building on its lively night market and dense restaurant scene -- now offering more eateries per capita than both Sydney and Melbourne.

Lots of details and ideas are offered in this profile. They also noted: "Don't miss: The artsy port town of Fremantle is where Australia's Little Creatures Brewing got its start. "

When we go back to Australia, we need to have some time for doing Perth and these western areas. Sounds like great fun and very interesting.

Full CNN story at:

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/places-to-visit-2018/index.html

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 192,879 views for this posting.

Come visit its the Calafornia of Australia without traffic jams.

Many wealthy North Americans now call Western Australia home

I think that most people from the US comment that it reminds them of San Diego. That is a really common comment from US sailors on port visits. I may live here and think it's a great place, but it just so damned far from everywhere.

Love your work Terry, Perth is a real jewel and Freo a great place to explore and then jump on a cruise ship.

Appreciate ALL of these great comments and follow-ups. It sounds wonderful for Perth being a major priority for doing during a future re-visit to Australia. We just need more time and money!! It would have been nice to have won one of our recent half-billion dollar lottery pots here in the U.S. within the past week. BUT, that didn't happen.

In less than two weeks, we will be doing our firt visit to Southeast Asia. This will feature Hong Kong, Bangkok, Vietnam and Cambodia, including a seven-day Mekong River cruise, then Angkor Wat, Hanoi, Halong Bay and Hue/Danang. We will be gone a little over one month for this latest “adventure”. Then for late November, 2018, looking to do an Athens to Dubai, 20-day cruise with Oceania, including our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Middle East, etc. Then, have the Galápagos on the "wish list". Send money??!!

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Terry, you have two wonderful adventures to look forward to and I plan to follow each one thanks to your wonderful live reports on Cruise Critic. Keith

Appreciate, Keith, this interest!! For Southeast Asia, I will be posting on the River Cruising CC Board. The cruise line, Avalon Waterways, that we are using does not have a separate Board.

Congratulation to Keith in just now going over 93,000 posts on these Cruise Critic Boards. That's real dedication and such great, positive sharing for those interested around the world.

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Appreciate, Keith, this interest!! For Southeast Asia, I will be posting on the River Cruising CC Board. The cruise line, Avalon Waterways, that we are using does not have a separate Board.

Congratulation to Keith in just now going over 93,000 posts on these Cruise Critic Boards. That's real dedication and such great, positive sharing for those interested around the world.

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Cheers for the directions.

I think that most people from the US comment that it reminds them of San Diego. That is a really common comment from US sailors on port visits. I may live here and think it's a great place, but it just so damned far from everywhere.

Yes its like a mix between San Diego and Longbeach only more modern? New?

Longbeach city is very Perth like but we dont have a walmart lol.

Great pics.

YES! Super agree on the very nice pictures from Keith. Helpful additional posts and details. Appreciate this great sharing and those who have made follow-ups. Definitely need this location on the future "to-do" list.

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 193,367 views for this posting.