Just back from Panama Canal cruise on Coral Princess (Ft.Lauderdale to LA)

der110

Thanks so much for your review ! We're booked to do a full Panama Canal transit in November, on the Island Princess from FLL to San Francisco. Our first time through the canal ! I'm sorry to hear about the lack of quality of the cultural programs. We really enjoy the cultural programs, and we are hoping to have a guest speaker on board as we go through the Canal. It's better to have a live speaker than just to watch a travel video.

Thanks again, from EBC

For those who were recently on Coral was there a BOGO at any time? Folks are reporting a late evening BOGO on some ships now. We sail Coral in November and are hoping there will at least be the late evening BOGO.

Since the BOGO$1 comes and goes, what happened on the Coral recently may or may not happen in November.

Sure wish you would have had a more enjoyable time. It sucks when vacations don't quite go as planned. On the other hand, I never go on vacation (sea or land) and worry about internet or connectivity due to work...in fact try to even stay off my phone on land...usually not an issue at sea except in ports. I highly recommend for anyone that can, lose the electronics and enjoy the company you are with...we often forget to bask in the simple things!!
I remember our first cruise. We were in the middle of the pacific and I took out my cell phone and said " look no bars, good work can't reach me." it was exhilarating.

We did this itinerary over Christmas and really loved the Coral. I have to admit the internet was just terrible, worst ever, even when using it in the Internet cafe. I wouldn't let it put you off Princess though as other ships can be much better. I think it was either the Star or the Ruby, where the Internet was really fast for us and I was chatting to family almost every day. It definitely varies per ship.