Can I order a margarita with the tequila on the side?

skudy

On Carnival ships (Sunshine in particular), is it possible to order a drink with alcohol, say a margarita, but have the alcohol on the side and not blended into the drink?

This way I can share the virgin drink with my kids should they ask for a sip (which they will), and I can sip on the tequila (which I enjoy doing). Ordering a margarita with the tequila on the side seems like a win-win.

From a menu I found online, I see that you can upgrade the tequila when ordering a margarita. Thus, I assume they are not pre-mixed drinks and therefore it should be technically possible to do it, but will they?

Thanks!

I doubt it.

It’s sharing.

the OP did not state that they are using cheers. they are certainly welcome to share any drink that they actually pay for individually

OP - Since it is rarely done I will assume that you will get different responses and even each ship and bartender might do it different. You can ask. Some might and some might want to charge you for 2 drinks. 1 for the virgin drink and one for the alcohol shot

Tip your bartender well and they will take good care of you within their abilities. I cannot see why they would not make you a virgin margarita and put the tequila on the side.

I agree. Pick one bar to be your go-to place and try to get the same bartender. On your first visit to the bar, introduce the Bartender to President Jackson. You will get what you ask for for the rest of the cruise.

I agree. Pick one bar to be your go-to place and try to get the same bartender. On your first visit to the bar, introduce the Bartender to President Jackson. You will get what you ask for for the rest of the cruise.

Your so right, President Jackson makes the best friends. You will get good service with the prepaid tips, but a few Honest Abe's and the occasional Alexander can also make headways in the service areas.

not much of a margarita without triple sec or some orange liquore, a virgin margarita will pretty much be a glass of sweet and sour, not a very kid friendly drink

I tried a virgin margarita once and not very good. Better to just get a glass of lemonade.

Laura

We presented president Lincoln the first drink and one to two Washington's each drink after and got excellent service! Service was good enough that people were causing a scene since Rini would make our drink as soon as we walked up! :cool: