Princess Regal- card to power room?

hi!

After reviewing all the tips and tricks for first time cruisers, I saw a tip to bring playing cards to power your room. However, I talked to a frequent cruiser and she said that she has never had to do that.

Does anyone know if you need to use your room key to power your cabin on the princess regal?

I've never had to do that on a Princess or Celebrity ship. I have had to use the card key to power rooms on a river cruise, and in pretty much every hotel room I've stayed in in Europe and Australia.

I kind of like the system, because my key is never lost. If the lights are working, my key is in It's slot. Then again, I usually travel solo, so I'm not inconveniencing anybody.

hi!

After reviewing all the tips and tricks for first time cruisers, I saw a tip to bring playing cards to power your room. However, I talked to a frequent cruiser and she said that she has never had to do that.

Does anyone know if you need to use your room key to power your cabin on the princess regal?

We sometimes use previous hotel key cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess will give you a tiny booklet of the ship’s deck maps when you do your boarding process. The thicker front and back covers are a perfect size and thickness for the slot. We always tear off the front cover and use it for the duration of our Regal cruises. Really, any of the thicker junk mail brochures you’ll find in the cabin can be torn up and easily used.

We used an old Gift Card I had in my wallet while sailing on the Regal Princess. Worked well and we didn't have worry about losing it. BTW this is only for the lighting in the cabin. The power seems to be on and the bathroom lights/fan work with it in or out.

Hope this helps and happy cruising!

Virtually any old card will work. Just don’t use anything you would hate to misplace. I keep an old cruise card for this, but have used outdated library cards, old school IDs, etc. We still pull the card as we leave the room but leave it on the back of the door with the DND card.