Just Back from Pride NYE Cruise

Luke Saint Joe

Set sail (3 hours late) on Carnival Pride, New Year's Eve cruise. Had a great time on NYE. The cold weather permitted us to do things we usually would not participate in since we'd be out on the sun decks. Enjoyed trivia, trivial pursuit, various game shows, nightly shows, late-night comedians, THE QUEST, and even managed to earn a medal in the bocce ball tournament! Food was good, but nothing really sticks out as super-impressive. Dinner in the steakhouse, as always, was fantastic & a great value for $35. Had 2 extremely slow breakfast experiences in the MDR. Sea day brunch was good. Ports were frigid, rainy Port Canaveral (where we got beer & oysters at Rusty's); Nassau (walked around a bit), Freeport (stayed on the ship). Last 2 ports were in the mid 60s. No issues with high seas. No room issues. No guest services issues. Got to see a few of the crew we'd met on Pride in August. Met lots of good people.

This was my first cruise and the Pride is a tired ship in need of updating. While this sounds negative, I had a great trip, we can’t control the weather. Just roll with the flow and make lemonade out of lemons. The biggest negative was the delayed embarkation and standing in the sub freezing temps. The biggest frustration our party of 7 had was we never received our Meet and Mingle invitations. I inquired about it Tuesday with guest services and didn’t learn until Thursday that it has been held Tuesday afternoon. Guest services didn’t seem to care about it, but after I asked they did give all 7 of us drink coupons.

Weather is a roll of the dice. We were on the week before and all three ports were in the mid 70s. Not sure why it was 3 hours late leaving. We were only 75 minutes late arriving. The same problems that affected you at the port affected us. My uber was unable to enter the port and we wound up taking a taxi. Like you we had a good cruise.

GlamorousGirl, we sailed on Pride Aug 2017 & then on New Year's Eve. We love the ship's layout, but this time, since we were indoors 90% of the trip, I found it to grow small on me. The interior of the ship is very well maintained. I did not notice any carpet stains or patching, all interior furniture was in great condition. The exterior (metal) had many coats of paint and if anything at all, needed a bit of sand blasting & refinishing. Did not bother me one bit.

Cucruizin, Pride still has the old menu in the steakhouse. I was looking forward to trying a few things, but since I never enjoyed a piece of the highly rated cheesecake in the steakhouse, I made a point to have it before it leaves the menu.

Yogibear, the S&S cards were distributed in the old fashion - given to you upon check-in.

• 3 weeks later...