Has anyone been offered to extend their cruise while onboard at a really great rate?

want2bcruizin

We are booked for a B2B in February on the Crown returning to Port Everglades on the 18th. We are retired and would be open to stay on the Crown for the 5 day after ours if the price is right. I have heard of people being offered great deals but I'm not sure how that would work. There seems to be lots of cabins still available.

Anyone done this?

We are booked for a B2B in February on the Crown returning to Port Everglades on the 18th. We are retired and would be open to stay on the Crown for the 5 day after ours if the price is right. I have heard of people being offered great deals but I'm not sure how that would work. There seems to be lots of cabins still available.

Anyone done this?

We ask the Future Cruise Consultant about it at the beginning of the cruise and ask her to price it for us. Sometimes we book right then and sometimes we wait until later in the cruise. Bargains can be had but we've found the prices aren't much cheaper than if we booked 30 days or so out. We just do it when we decide we don't want to go home yet.

Anyone done this?

If guarantees haven't been assigned, hard to tell how many cabins are really available.

How will you handle change in flight plans?

If guarantees haven't been assigned, hard to tell how many cabins are really available.

How will you handle change in flight plans?

We are driving to the Port so our car will be at Parkngo. I thought we could email them if there is a change in plans. Staying with family so accommodations are not an issue.

We've tried to stay for the next cruise a few times. Usually there weren't any cabins available. Once they had cabins, and they wanted the full brochure price which was ridiculous so we told the Future Cruise lady to let us know if the rate went down. We never heard from her.

Anyone done this?

I forget which ship it was on, but they put announcements in the Patter advertising reasonable prices for those who wanted to stay for the next cruise. Unfortunately because of work and flights I couldn't take advantage of it.

I think these offers were readily available on certain itineraries about 3 or 4 years ago, when cruises were not selling like they are now. I remember as another poster mention getting a 1/2 price offer delivered to in our cabin also I remember someone asking me if I was going to take a $99. dollar special. If I remember these were both on 7 day cruises out of Houston.

THE FOG.........and no more Houston.....

Usually this happens after a natural disaster (hurricane in FL) or after a terrorism attack - I remember these happened a lot after 9-11. Also, those Texas sailings didn't sell well.

I would check with Princess or your agent before you get on your cruise what the prices are for the following week (or even sooner). There are sometimes great specials 1-4 weeks out if the ship is not full. Many of these specials are only available through agents. I wouldn't wait until you are on the ship.

We were on a cruise when the volcano erupted in Iceland but, fortunately, it was B2B for us and by the time we had to fly home, airlines were operating just with delays as they had to take a more roundabout route to get to airports.. Others, who needed to get home but couldn't because of the disrupted air schedules asked about staying on and were quoted prices significantly higher than if they had booked that week originally. Even after pointing out that they would probably have many empty cabins from people who could not get there, they would not budge off the price. This was not Princess by the way.

Interesting but thought the vast majority of the time they sail full.

In 2014 Princess decided to leave a ship in Fort Lauderdale for 4 and 5 day cruises, also packaged as 9 and 10 day cruises, all through the Summer months. Their competitors followed, and none of the lines could fill the ships. Living near the port I was able to take 10 cruises that year. And on some of those cruises they DID promote the next cruise and the opportunity to stay on board at a very good price.

Remember that while on board, you can shop the Princess website without purchasing internet time. You may find a great deal on the next cruise, but bookings I think must be made 48 or 72 hours prior to embarkation.

Usually this happens after a natural disaster (hurricane in FL) or after a terrorism attack - I remember these happened a lot after 9-11. Also, those Texas sailings didn't sell well.

I remember really cheap prices when the swine flu was going on. I received a phone call offer for a seven day cruise in a balcony for $99 but I had to work :(