PEV to POM by Taxi?

seafish

Disembarking PEV Terminal 2 - going to POM Terminal G. Will any Taxi Company at the Port Everglades Terminal 2 Taxi Rank be able to take us directly to POM Dodge Island? Or - can only certain Taxi Companies do that trip? If so - which Taxi(s) and is an advance reservation needed? Yes - a Taxi is more expensive but airport shuttles depart from FLL requiring extra travel time, etc., and prefer not to do by Uber/Lyft. Searched but could not find info - appreciate input from anyone that has done as similar transport.

Yes, any taxi can do the ride. The taxis are by county. A Broward taxi can pick you up and take you into Miami-Dade they just then have to drive back up to Broward to get a new passenger.

A taxi will be around $80-$100. An Uber? Around $40.

Flymia, CruiserBruce & Keith1010 - Thanks very much for your way prompt replies and info. Yes - you're right Urber/Lyft definitely cheaper but for this one probably better by Taxi. We've taken PEV/FLL Taxis many times but did not know if all would do the PEV/POM route - really do appreciate your assistance.

Flymia, CruiserBruce & Keith1010 - Thanks very much for your way prompt replies and info. Yes - you're right Urber/Lyft definitely cheaper but for this one probably better by Taxi. We've taken PEV/FLL Taxis many times but did not know if all would do the PEV/POM route - really do appreciate your assistance.

Out of curiosity why do you believe its better to use a taxi on such a long trip?

Out of curiosity why do you believe its better to use a taxi on such a long trip?

Sorry I did not get back sooner. In a word - Dependability. IMO - for this particular time sensitive transfer there is no guarantee Uber/Lyft will be at PEV Term #2 on time or for that matter even available when needed -and- if we go to Fll for a shared shuttle with all those stops along the way - it's a $20 cab ride to the airport + $20pp for the shuttle - so at $60 I'm getting close to the direct taxi cost. So - where am I going wrong? - certainly wide open to any input - thank you.

We recently made,a transfer to PEV from POM using QLS (Quality Limo Service). We,were planning to use Uber when a rep from QLS offered to take us for less than Uber. We went in the van with some people going to FLL and stopped there to let them off, then proceeded to the port. We had plenty of time and the trip was good.

Check with QLS to see if they will do this the opposite direction if you want to save some money.

We recently made,a transfer to PEV from POM using QLS (Quality Limo Service). We,were planning to use Uber when a rep from QLS offered to take us for less than Uber. We were in the van with some people going to FLL and stopped there to let them off, then proceeded to the port. We had plenty of time and the trip was good.

Check with QLS to see if they will do this the opposite direction if you want to save some money.

Yes - I did check Quality and some others - OK from MIA or POM to FLL or PEV but does not show availability from PEV etc. I need to call Quality to confirm. Thanks for your help.

Sorry I did not get back sooner. In a word - Dependability. IMO - for this particular time sensitive transfer there is no guarantee Uber/Lyft will be at PEV Term #2 on time or for that matter even available when needed -and- if we go to Fll for a shared shuttle with all those stops along the way - it's a $20 cab ride to the airport + $20pp for the shuttle - so at $60 I'm getting close to the direct taxi cost. So - where am I going wrong? - certainly wide open to any input - thank you.

There is no wrong answer. I can see why you would prefer a taxi if you want to be in a car as soon as you get off. An Uber will almost certainly be available. I agree though that you might need to wait 10-mins or so for the Uber to get there after you request it.

What I would do is try Uber/Lyft first, and if the price is high or the estimated pick up time is too long then you can always just hop in a taxi. There will be plenty of taxis salivating for that ride.

There is no wrong answer. I can see why you would prefer a taxi if you want to be in a car as soon as you get off. An Uber will almost certainly be available. I agree though that you might need to wait 10-mins or so for the Uber to get there after you request it.

What I would do is try Uber/Lyft first, and if the price is high or the estimated pick up time is too long then you can always just hop in a taxi. There will be plenty of taxis salivating for that ride.

Good advice - certainly worth a Uber try with the Taxi back-up plan. Thank You!

Good advice - certainly worth a Uber try with the Taxi back-up plan. Thank You!

Just some follow-up info on the subject. RCCL confirmed (their) bus transfer from FLL to POM is $30PP and with the Taxi from PEV to FLL to catch the bus at about $20 - comes out to $80 one-way for two people. Looks like a Taxi direct from PEV to POM is a better deal in terms of cost, convenience, time in route, etc. Maybe this info will be helpful to others with similar transfer questions. Again - thanks for all the good input.

Or a $15 taxi to FLL and then a $15 per person shared shuttle (SAS, QLS, etc.) to POM -- total cost is about $45 plus tips.

I would grab an Uber or Lyft and go straight to POM for about $35-40, but it is your call. :)