Spring Break Cruise

cruisekitty22

I know here in Georgia, the University and most local schools are off the Week of March 10-17. I know others that go in April. I think to be safe I would avoid March 10 thru mid April. Even Valentines week could get you some, as Mardi Gras falls early this year and Louisiana schools will be on break then.

First week of April here (Atlanta area). Schools also have a full week off for Winter Break the third week of February

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is spring break usually the first week of April? Trying to avoid lots of kids on the cruise!

No

Spring break is a season that runs from the first week of March through the week after Easter. Colleges will be off earlier in March, most of them finish in the first three weeks of March, with the vast majority in the first two weeks of the month. K-12 is often the week before or the week after Easter.

Is spring break usually the first week of April? Trying to avoid lots of kids on the cruise!

Due to Passover and Easter dates falling together in 2018 I assure you that the vast majority of elementary and high schools both public and parochial will have the week of April 1 off. I did not say ALL I said vast majority.

Colleges as well but I also assure that the vast majority of colleges will be off for a week during march and perhaps even the week of April 1 but that is unlikely

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There will always be "kids" and/or children" on board most sailings, especially the shorter ones - less on those 10/11 days to 12 & 14 days and repo's. While the # of school-aged teens & those in primary grades might not in the classrooms, pre-schoolers will travel with their parents and/or grandparents, etc.

Then, there are those from abroad/overseas ... and, O' Canada !!

Which ship/sailing or itinerary - check out the specific Roll Calls as that should give you some ideas. For the "smaller" or non mega-ship, we had sailed with 100 to 200 of them (under 18 years) to easily 500 when there are no major school breaks (excluding the summer months as we don't sail around them) to as much as 1,200 a few years ago on a Nickelodeon-themed winter sailing. If not mistaken, I recalled a recent post for the *Away ship with 1,500 onboard, pushing close to max lifeboat capacity.