So...let’s pretend.""

Kgol

...that my husband and I are bringing our widowed mothers on a cruise in March. They have their own cabins....remember, we are just pretending. So, I am correct in that we can load each of them up with a bottle of fine wine AND twelve cans of soda? So...again....just pretending...they could haul on board a case of soda and two bottles of wine? Oh...we are bringing our aunt too...so we would load her up...I mean...have her carry....I mean ask her nicely to bring another bottle and twelve more sodas? BTW....they are 76, 74, and 67 respectively...but they are tough. Big arms...they work out.

Yes you are correct, as long as the group of you are together going through the check In process, you can carry it for them , don't want to hurt there arms 😁, just stay as a group and when you get to security they will know the total for the group, But then again you may have to add for them. 😡

When DH and I check-in thru security we use one rolling tote bag with both of our bottles of wine in it. I normally just offer up the information that I have both our wines and point to him before they even ask:D

If we were taking on a case of soda I would bungee cord it to the top of the roll-on tote. That way my hands are free for checking in and DH can maneuver his cane.

I brought our 2 12 packs of soda through security and they didn't even question it. I sailed from Galveston and they have a soda inspection table that they sent me to after the xray machine so that they could check out the cases to ensure I wasn't smuggling in a contraband hard apple cidar or something!

Fortunately I put the 2 cases (with my 1 bottle of wine) into a rolling backpack, because they completely shredded the first case I handed them- if I hadn't had a bag or suitcase to put them in I'd have been stuck carrying 12 individual cans of soda onto the ship!

Made me so mad I didn't even bother handing him the second 12 pack and he never commented, so off I went.

Be prepared with a bag or something in case you come across the Security Soda Freak like I did!

...that my husband and I are bringing our widowed mothers on a cruise in March. They have their own cabins....remember, we are just pretending. So, I am correct in that we can load each of them up with a bottle of fine wine AND twelve cans of soda? So...again....just pretending...they could haul on board a case of soda and two bottles of wine? Oh...we are bringing our aunt too...so we would load her up...I mean...have her carry....I mean ask her nicely to bring another bottle and twelve more sodas? BTW....they are 76, 74, and 67 respectively...but they are tough. Big arms...they work out.

Let’s just pretend you did not make that arrogant, condescending, ageist post.

Let’s just pretend you did not make that arrogant, condescending, ageist post.

Ummmmm..how do I say this? It was written with humor and fun. Clearly, it went over your head. Given that, if you have nothing but snarky retorts....keep them to yourself...or take a cruise. You need to lighten up. And by the way, my mom is laughing really hard. :evilsmile:

It’s really amazing how some people will spend so much effort being unfriendly and unhelpful.

I used to carry both bottles of wine when I cruised with my mom. We went through security together and I'd just point at her when they looked at the bottles.

That’s good to know. I suspect I will carry all that for us since it will certainly be easier. Thanks to those who offered that info!