Towel charge

Since this "new rule" went into effect when I return towels I give the attendant my card to swipe and verify that I don't have any towels out. It's worked for us. if you're getting charged then do as it says seek a resolution with the "After Cruise" Department. They should be helpful and will listen to you.

Interesting. We are Diamond Plus (not bragging), so we have been on MANY RCCL cruises. The only time this towel charge has ever happened to us was also on the FREEDOM, last October after a trans Atlantic. We only used towels 2 days. On the last night, when we returned to our cabin after dinner, there was a note saying that we owed 2 towels and would be charged $50 if they were not returned.

I took the note to guest services and waited in a long line that also had other people with the same note. When I reached the desk, the customer "service" person suggested that I GO UP TO THE POOL DECK AND GET THEM TO CLEAR THE TOWEL ACCOUNT. I suggested she had to be kidding as we were very repeat customers. Also, when returning towels, the attendant had scanned my card over and over and finally said it was all OK. Obviously not. My only suggestion is to actually look at the computer screen to make sure that the account has been cleared and NEVER leave a ship until you check your final bill.

By the way, the service person asked me to wait. She then went into the back room for a couple of minutes and then told me it was all cleared. I don't know what magic occurred in the back room.

It may have been the towels they leave you in the room. I once was charged because on the first day I moved them to the closet and apparently no one looked there after we disembarked. Going forward I always make sure the towels are visible on the chair before we leave.

As a rule, we do not use any towels on the ship. We bring a couple in our luggage and we are given one each cruise as our D+ perk.

I was recently on freedom, my wife kids and I would spend time in the hot tub watching movie. We would get our towels from the towel station. We brought them back after every hot tub session. I just got my expense print out and it seems I was charged $300.00 (usd) for towels .. I’ve called and still no solution. What do I do? I can afford a cruise what makes them think I need to steal towels ? Ahhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I saw your thread, I checked to see when it started to make sure I wasn't committing the Capital offense of replying to an old thread. In my 11 years of cruising they did this process of checking out and back in again the towels for 10 of those eleven years. The only year they didn't do this was 2014 when I was on Jewel in San Juan. Then they started experimenting with charging guests again ;) Also in all those years, the only time the towels were worth stealing was Allure's inaugural season 2010-2011. What did I do with those nice looking towels anyway? The ones the chair hog left jut for me! :evilsmile:

I think the main reason they do this is because people do leave them all over the place, especially at ports. On that Jewel cruise in 2014, I did have a funny, after the fact incident. I was walking up to get one towel for me and one for my wife to sit by the pool. There was a guy walking up at the same time as me and when I'm on vacation, I am the nicest most courteous person in the world. (unlike the other 51 weeks a year). I stopped and let him go first. He picked up every towel at the unmanned station. He turned around and saw my death stair, and offered me two.

When we cruise we like to soak in the hot tub on the final night before going to bed. The towel stations are closed. I wish they would allow you to leave them in your room that final night. Everyone hates visiting GS the last morning.