First Suite

rollie

Really was not impressed with my sky suite on summit last week, I really question calling a cabin 250 sq ft a suite, but perks were great , sky suites on newer ships much larger even junior suites on rccl are much larger .

Have a great cruise, Chemmo!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Musicalianne!

I have been grounded from flying for a year owing to surgery (although it didn’t stop me from cruising from Southampton on the Eclipse!) so we are now desperate for some sunshine!

It will be my first cruise in two years without needing crutches and a wheelchair so will be even more special!

Thanks Musicalianne!

I have been grounded from flying for a year owing to surgery (although it didn’t stop me from cruising from Southampton on the Eclipse!) so we are now desperate for some sunshine!

It will be my first cruise in two years without needing crutches and a wheelchair so will be even more special!

Wow! That makes it even more special! I know you will have a great cruise—be sure to share some pictures and let us know some of the details about your cruise! All of us waiting for our turn, love reading and hearing about others’ cruises!!

Wow! That makes it even more special! I know you will have a great cruise—be sure to share some pictures and let us know some of the details about your cruise! All of us waiting for our turn, love reading and hearing about others’ cruises!!

I promise to send some reflections from the Reflection!

It will be interesting to see if the suite experience is ‘diluted’ in any way with there being more suites on board. Also I think they have a Suite Manager on Reflection...never experienced that before, still a little uncertain how that fits in....

I completely agree! Love hearing about others, while we wait to go on ours! Interested to hear about the Celebrity Suite on Reflection. We're booked in a Sky Suite on Reflection in 2019 and wondering if we should upgrade.

I completely agree! Love hearing about others, while we wait to go on ours! Interested to hear about the Celebrity Suite on Reflection. We're booked in a Sky Suite on Reflection in 2019 and wondering if we should upgrade.

We like the additional perks that come with a RS whereas the CS doesn’t get the unlimited speciality dining, laundry, bar set up....On Reflection there is the Signature Suite which does have the additional perks but is cheaper than the RS but a bit more than the CS....May be worth considering....

We like the additional perks that come with a RS whereas the CS doesn’t get the unlimited speciality dining, laundry, bar set up....On Reflection there is the Signature Suite which does have the additional perks but is cheaper than the RS but a bit more than the CS....May be worth considering....

I don't know much about Signature Suites. So they're smaller but get all the added perks?

I don't know much about Signature Suites. So they're smaller but get all the added perks?

Never stayed in one (but have stayed in CS, RS and PH) so please read some reviews/ look at some pictures but basically I think you are correct. Bigger than a CS but smaller than a RS. They are in the same area as the Reflection Suite. I am fairly sure they have all the additional perks RS/PH/Ref S get. We do like the additional space of the RS but I do think the Signature Suites offer a nice alternative option....

I promise to send some reflections from the Reflection!

It will be interesting to see if the suite experience is ‘diluted’ in any way with there being more suites on board. Also I think they have a Suite Manager on Reflection...never experienced that before, still a little uncertain how that fits in....

Come back and let us know your impressions of the Suite Manager. We were on Millennium when they first started the program and he was great. Never met the Suite Manager on Silhouette last month. It was also the 1st cruise, after years of sailing in suites, when we had our luggage delivered after muster drill, and pick up on disembarkation was a mess. It might have had something to do with the upgrades to the Celebrity terminal in Ft. Lauderdale and the use of a new terminal that cruise (the porter said they put the suites luggage in the wrong place). It in no way impacted our cruise or our enjoyment of the cruise but I remember reading the job description insured prompt delivery of luggage. Michaels Club Concierge and Butler were great on Silhouette, as was our cabin attendant.

Come back and let us know your impressions of the Suite Manager. We were on Millennium when they first started the program and he was great. Never met the Suite Manager on Silhouette last month. It was also the 1st cruise, after years of sailing in suites, when we had our luggage delivered after muster drill, and pick up on disembarkation was a mess. It might have had something to do with the upgrades to the Celebrity terminal in Ft. Lauderdale and the use of a new terminal that cruise (the porter said they put the suites luggage in the wrong place). It in no way impacted our cruise or our enjoyment of the cruise but I remember reading the job description insured prompt delivery of luggage. Michaels Club Concierge and Butler were great on Silhouette, as was our cabin attendant.

Will do! Does the Suite Manager have a desk somewhere or does he/she operate more ‘behind the scenes’?

Glad you had a good time on Silhouette...we are booked on her for 2020. The snag is when you have had a few cruises where everything has run like clockwork you become surprised when glitches do appear....As you say they don’t spoil your cruise but they can still be frustrating.

The suites manager does not have a desk that I am aware of. We mentioned to the MC concierge towards the end of the cruise that we had not met him. She said he was in MC during some of the events but she would have him give us a call. We did see him once or twice but he always seemed to be talking to someone else, or someone else was talking to us.

Enjoy your cruise.

I think it depends on who the Suite Manager is. The only one I have experience with is Maja, who is seemingly everywhere. I knew her from when she was the MCC, so I would recognize her. If you don't know the Suite Manager, you wouldn't notice him/her around the ship. Maja was often in Michael's Club and Luminae. I would also frequently run into her around the ship. Other Suite Managers may have different styles.

in an RS or and above you also have premium drinks packages for all in the suite, unlimited free dinning in all venues, unlimited internet for each in suite, Two bottles of spirits of your choice in the room and your mini bar refreshed each day with your choice of sodas, beers and ciders.

This is however an increase in the level of service you receive which is difficult to put your finger on.This what makes the suite experience so sweet. The way the officers will sit and chat in MC or the Helipad sail aways or the bridge tours. These all add to an amazing experience ..... There is a down side though.... for each step up it is VERY hard to step back down

AMEN to everything you said. Don't forget about the services of a shoreside concierge prior to the cruise. I really like that one.

And if you're ever lucky enough to garner a PH on one of the M-class ships, you'll be in Hog Heaven.... That butler's pantry with full-sized refrigerator/freezer and microwave, is to die for... and so is that 1100 sq ft veranda....

We were on Solstice CS 1011 on the hump. It was awesome! We especially loved to totally enclosed bedroom as my DW is a napper. It started with with our shore side concierge who was a great help at arranging a few items for us. Our Butler was wonderful. We like to think we should kindly let the butler and room steward know our preferences and our expectations so they are not guessing and we are not disappointed they didn't read our minds. For example, we let the butler know we wanted the afternoon canapes each day so he would leave them in the room or mini fridge as appropriate. We didn't have a beverage package on our repo cruise. We purchased full bottles from Celebrity for the room. Then we asked that there be fresh limes and diet tonic kept in our fridge. Always there. Luminae menu is great. But my DW wanted escargot. We asked our waiter and they were prepared for her though not on the menu. Ask kindly on a cruise ship and it is usually met positively. Ask your butler, Luminae waiter or Michaels club host or bartender and we have always received what we asked. Also in Michaels club the coffee is from a machine. Ask the bartender and they will go out the back door to Cafe Bocchio (not too far on the same floor) and you get anything from the Cafe. Priority tendering is only from the ship. Different ships had different processes so be sure to ask. Bring some extra cash. The people caring for you will earn more than the standard gratuity in our opinion. It is a great treat and we have suites booked on one cruise this year and one next year. We'd do it every time but then we'd be home more.

PS Don't spend for suites on RCI except for the room. Amenities were not as good as Aqua class in our opinion. The only part we wish Celebrity would adopt is the suites section at the pool.

Enjoy your splurge!

Can someone give me examples for what you can ask of the shore side concierge? And how far in advance do they call? We are in a CS on the Infinity leaving May 2 and I'm really starting to count down the days and get excited! Since we have a drink package, can we ask for the fridge to be stocked with water and Diet Coke (since we're not in a RS or Penthouse)? Coffee every morning? Extra chocolates? Shrimp cocktail in the afternoon?

Can someone give me examples for what you can ask of the shore side concierge? And how far in advance do they call? We are in a CS on the Infinity leaving May 2 and I'm really starting to count down the days and get excited! Since we have a drink package, can we ask for the fridge to be stocked with water and Diet Coke (since we're not in a RS or Penthouse)? Coffee every morning? Extra chocolates? Shrimp cocktail in the afternoon?

CS do not always receive a call - is for Royal and above, but sometimes they also contact CS. Mini fridge is not included in CS, so would likelty incur a charge for items taken from it (even with a beverage package - room service and mini fridge is excluded from packages). The butler can bring you coffee each morning and likely bring you shrimp in the afternoon - not something that needs to be set in advance, just discuss with butler when you meet him. Extra chocolates probably feasible as well.

Edited by Gonzo70

CS do not always receive a call - is for Royal and above, but seomtimes they also contact CS. Mini fridge is not included in CS, so would likelty incur a charge for items taken from it (even with a beverage package - room service and mini fridge is excluded from packages). The butler can bring you coffee each morning and likely bring you shrimp in the afternoon - not something that needs to be set in advance, just discuss with butler when you meet him. Extra chocolates probably feasible as well.

Thank you for the info!

CS do not always receive a call - is for Royal and above, but sometimes they also contact CS. Mini fridge is not included in CS, so would likelty incur a charge for items taken from it (even with a beverage package - room service and mini fridge is excluded from packages). The butler can bring you coffee each morning and likely bring you shrimp in the afternoon - not something that needs to be set in advance, just discuss with butler when you meet him. Extra chocolates probably feasible as well.

We are elite based on our Royal status. We sailed on the Equinox last month in a Celebrity Suite without a premium drink package. The shore side concierge contacted us prior to the sailing. The butler said all the soda water, sodas, beer and water were for us to enjoy and he refilled it daily. There was no extra charge for the beverages.

We are elite based on our Royal status. We sailed on the Equinox last month in a Celebrity Suite without a premium drink package. The shore side concierge contacted us prior to the sailing. The butler said all the soda water, sodas, beer and water were for us to enjoy and he refilled it daily. There was no extra charge for the beverages.

That is very nice your butler did that; that was something extra (or he did not know the usual rules). Only Royal Suites and above have the mini bar included per Celebrity policy. Exceptions certainly sometimes occur, but should never be expected.

That is very nice your butler did that; that was something extra (or he did not know the usual rules). Only Royal Suites and above have the mini bar included per Celebrity policy. Exceptions certainly sometimes occur, but should never be expected.

Well, I don't read minds and would not want to assume his knowledge. The mini bar includes your choice of spirits which he did not provide. Just water, beer, soda and sparking water.

He did say that he has been a butler for Celebrity for years. Let us know what your Butler does for you on your next sailing.

Thanks for the chat...

As others have explained, you will not necessarily receive a call from the shoreside concierge in a CS but, if you do, the things best requested are those that concern how you would like your suite set up (as this saves work being done twice), important reservations (such as specialty dining for a particular date for a special occasion), preferred beverages in Michael's Club, etc.

Your day-to-day preferences (such as morning coffee) are best discussed when you first meet your butler. Then you are able to discuss how this is best achieved. You may or may not want a 'phone call before he arrives, extra milk, etc. Less urgent reservations can be arranged with the MC concierge from day two onwards. They are usually very busy on embarkation day.

We have found the shoreside information getting to the butler a bit ‘hit and miss’. Our preferred spirits invariably have been sorted but beers, soda etc may not have been. Our pillow choices last cruise had gone through but there was an issue with our dining requests. Most other things we will wait until we board to sort.

On boarding we have a simple printed list of requirements which we can then give to the butler. This will include our dining preference for at least the first few nights and any nights where we have already decided we will dine in speciality restaurants.

I think more butlers are (quite rightly) being more flexible about the mini fridge with CS and SS guests. If you have a drinks package and your butler tells you it is not included then just ask the butler or room attendant to empty it and then just stock it yourself during the first few days with beers, soda etc. As you leave Michael’s Club they will happily give you sodas, water etc to go...Lots of guests leave with a ‘glass in hand’ to enjoy on the balcony too.

We ask for an afternoon tea small plate selection to be brought to the room at about 4pm....just not the time I want to go to Michael’s! At the same time the butler will bring us our shrimp plate to put in the chiller to enjoy late at night on the balcony....

Have a fabulous cruise!

Well, I don't read minds and would not want to assume his knowledge. The mini bar includes your choice of spirits which he did not provide. Just water, beer, soda and sparking water.

He did say that he has been a butler for Celebrity for years. Let us know what your Butler does for you on your next sailing.

Thanks for the chat...

Was your butler Emir? He was ours on the Equinox and we received the same service. He was just wonderful and, by far, the best butler we've encountered.

As for CS not being contacted by the shoreside concierge, we certainly have on 3 different cruises on 3 different ships so I think there are far more being contacted then not.