First Suite

rollie

Another vote for Emir. We had him on Equinox when in a CS so next time we were in a RS we requested him when the shoreside concierge called. He seemed very happy to be requested. I do believe his is the best butler we have ever had on Celebrity.

Well, I don't read minds and would not want to assume his knowledge. The mini bar includes your choice of spirits which he did not provide. Just water, beer, soda and sparking water.

He did say that he has been a butler for Celebrity for years. Let us know what your Butler does for you on your next sailing.

Thanks for the chat...

Not sure I understand your response. Your prior post implied (incorrectly) that mini-bar is included at no extra-cost to those in Celebrity Suites. I clarified for others reading this thread that that is simply untrue. If people took your post as fact, they may be unpleasantly surprised when they receive a bill for items consumed from their mini-bar. Only Royal Suite and above have mini-bar consumption automatically included as a suite perk. Celebrity suites and Sky Suites are not entitled to this perk - though butlers sometimes grant this as a discretionary perk (however often it is not extended to Celebrity and Sky Suites and should not be expected). I am trying to make it clear to others reading this thread the difference between perks one is automatically entitled to (and should expect) versus perks that are discretionary. When simply speaking about one's personal experience on a given cruise, this can become blurred and lead to other people having faulty expectations of what to expect.

How soon before our cruise will the shoreside concierge contact us? We will be on the Equinox in December, maybe we’ll luck out and get Emir.

Rollie

We had a phone call last cruise about 10 days before and an email this time about 2 weeks out...

Don’t worry if you don’t get Emir...most butlers will do their best to make your holiday special. Remember, good as most butlers are, only one or two are actual mind readers! So if you do want something specific ask...if you did feel your butler wasn’t meeting your needs have a word with the Michael’s Club Concierge....

How soon before our cruise will the shoreside concierge contact us? We will be on the Equinox in December, maybe we’ll luck out and get Emir.

Rollie

It was about 2 weeks for ourprevious cruises but our upcoming one on the Eclipse was more than 4 weeks out, so you never know.

Emir usually handles all the RS & PH and some of the CS on Equinox. While we've had other capable butlers, he was just really outstanding and definitely the best of the best!!! No matter what am sure you will have a wonderful time!

Was your butler Emir? He was ours on the Equinox and we received the same service. He was just wonderful and, by far, the best butler we've encountered.

As for CS not being contacted by the shoreside concierge, we certainly have on 3 different cruises on 3 different ships so I think there are far more being contacted then not.

Hi Gracie -

Thanks for the confirmation that you received the same service.

Cheers!

Hi Gracie -

Thanks for the confirmation that you received the same service.

Cheers!

It’s clear that you missed the point of other posters, intentionally or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s clear that you missed the point of other posters, intentionally or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stated what I actually experienced. Yes, it was intentional to ignore assumptions.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

All right guys, one more Luminae question. For dinner, generally speaking, does dining take about the same time as in the MDR?

Rollie

Luminae seats your party individually, so if comparing a party of two at Luminae to a medium or large table in the MDR, Luminae will be a bit quicker - but if comparing to a table-for-two in the MDR it will be about the same. Luminae does have (usually) more attentive service, so if you prefer either a quicker (or more leisurely) dinner, mention this staff and they very likely will accommodate your request.

All right guys, one more Luminae question. For dinner, generally speaking, does dining take about the same time as in the MDR?

Rollie

It will be as long or short as you wish.....If you are going to a show or meeting up with friends let the staff know and they will speed up service for you....if you have all the time in the world linger with a coffee and liqueur....

On a recent cruise a couple were traveling with a small toddler with a limited tolerance to sitting still for too long! They looked at the evening menu at breakfast time and gave the waiter their order so that as they entered starters would be ready. One evening we said we would miss dessert as we were really tired...the waiter offered to send one to our room. We declined as we already had a shrimp plate waiting to be enjoyed but it was a nice gesture.

Rollie

It can be whatever you want, just let the wait staff know if you need to eat quickly or prefer a leisurely dinner...they will accommodate you!! Luminae is wonderful.

I guess you can tell by my posts that the dining experience is very important to me. Thanks for all the replies.

Rollie

Rollie,

If dining is important to you make sure you experience the speciality restaurants as well as Luminae.

Much as we have always found service in Luminae outstanding we have at times found the menu quite limited. Browse the Luminae menus then book in a couple of speciality meals on nights where you do feel the choice is limited...

Our favourite speciality for food is Murano’s, Tuscan the best for location and Q’sine the most fun! Enjoy!

What I know is that now that we’ve had Luminae, we don’t ever want to not have Luminae. It takes an already great cruise to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Completely agree with this. It's a really great experience from the great friendly service, of course the great food, but also a chance to get to know some of your fellow suite cruisers. It was definitely the highlight of our evenings on our last cruise.

I am SO excited to have stumbled upon this thread. We have not cruised Celebrity since our son was born 14 years ago and have been cruising with RCI. Booked a royal suite in June for our 10 night Mediterranean and can’t wait. The advice has been wonderful. Only question I didn’t see asked, was do people tip the waiters in Luminare? We have done that in the past in RCI’s Coastal Kitchen, but never know how much, how often (for each meal eaten, dinner only, etc). We also typically tip $2-3 dollars per drink ordered in the suite lounge. Is this still standard? Thanks for any advice.

I am SO excited to have stumbled upon this thread. We have not cruised Celebrity since our son was born 14 years ago and have been cruising with RCI. Booked a royal suite in June for our 10 night Mediterranean and can’t wait. The advice has been wonderful. Only question I didn’t see asked, was do people tip the waiters in Luminare? We have done that in the past in RCI’s Coastal Kitchen, but never know how much, how often (for each meal eaten, dinner only, etc). We also typically tip $2-3 dollars per drink ordered in the suite lounge. Is this still standard? Thanks for any advice.

Your auto-grats cover the Luminae staff. If you receive excellent service it is nice (but not required) to tip extra at the end of the cruise (whatever amount you desire - there is no “right”or “wrong” amount). I think (but am not certain) that Luminae staff pool their tips.

I have never seen anybody tip per/drink in the suite lounge. What is common is to hand them some gratuity during the last evening you attend the cocktail hour. Again no right or wrong amount.

Enjoy your suite; Celebrity has really made sailing in suites a special experience.

I stated what I actually experienced. Yes, it was intentional to ignore assumptions.

I understand that you stated the "experience" that you received. I also understand that you are aware of multiple posters stating that your "experience" is not typical and is NOT a perk provided to guests staying in Sky Suites or Celebrity Suites.

I think most people tip the waiters extra in Luminae because the service is so good. You need to decide the amount. The tip would normally be given to your waiter on the last night at dinner. As for the drink waiters in Michael's, I've had good service there and indifferent service there. And tipped accordingly. For indifferent service, no extra tip. For attentive service, extra tip.