RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

But they do remember the faces of the ones that add to the pot right away. ;)

Totally agree,on Freedom in June the times we were in the DL we were the only ones who tipped per drink and we could tell the waiters were surprised by me tipping per drink and they were attentive.

Totally agree,on Freedom in June the times we were in the DL we were the only ones who tipped per drink and we could tell the waiters were surprised by me tipping per drink and they were attentive.

Agree, learned that long ago from Pinnacle friends we sailed with on Freedom that did that. Works for us! :)

On Brilliance, the waiter in the CL saw us coming in and had our favorite drinks in hand as soon we settled in. :D

Agree, learned that long ago from Pinnacle friends we sailed with on Freedom that did that. Works for us! :)

On Brilliance, the waiter in the CL saw us coming in and had our favorite drinks in hand as soon we settled in. :D

A combination of great tippers and friendly people,if i was the waiter I would do the same thing.

Bread and dripping for them Makems. Why is it when dropped aways butter side down.

LOL!! I have always wondered the same thing.

"Oh...drats!!" Must be the heavy butter and "drippings" that makes them turn

over like a cat during a fall. :eek::')

I agree there are some great bread varieties here.

We do like the freshly cooked loaf of bread we get in Longhorns in Orlando too while we are waiting for our steaks.

You must try the complementary hush puppies covered in powdered sugar they serve to you as soon as you sit down at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville near us!! :hearteyes:

LOL!! I have always wondered the same thing.

"Oh...drats!!" Must be the heavy butter and "drippings" that makes them turn

over like a cat during a fall. :eek::')

My late dad used to use lard for his dripping bread but i never ate dripping bread myself.

Ok, but the only question I would have is your baby brother only going immediately when it opens? Then they are almost always packed because all sittings and MTD are trying to use the lounge. My experience is if the lounges opens at 4:30 or 5 or whatever time, it is always busy, and if we go then we stand in the lounge and then about 45 minutes later people start to leave and you snag a place. The Liberty and Independence and other freedom and explorer class ships have a great DL, unfortunately it is small, but when first seating happens generally it is perfect the rest of the evening. That could be the case and why they are not opening over-flow lounges.

I guess moral to the story if you want a drink in the DL before dinner don't book early dining.

JC

We don't go to the lounge until 6 since we have late dinner. Totally packed. We enjoy socializing with old and new friends. Too bad it always comes down to money. I have heard that when it was the presidents cruise overflow areas were open. What a surprise!

My late dad used to use lard for his dripping bread but i never ate dripping bread myself.

Gosh I need to get to England some day! :D

Dripping bread...so funny! What about the vegemite sandwiches they love down in NZ? Ugh!! ;p Tried one down there one time...must have to grow a taste for it!! ;)

In England Hush Puppies are shoes,what are those in Dixie?

It's a southeastern thing...very popular in Charleston South Carolina. In the old days, the cooks would take the leftover bits of dough in a bowl, which could contain corn, onions, peppers, or just dough....fry them and toss them to the dogs that were barking too much. Hence..."Hush Puppies!"

Very popular as a side with fried fish.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hush-puppies-5

That was my late dads favourite.

Greggs who are now national have great stotties.

For our specialty bread M&S never disappoints.

My dad loved tripe and onion, the things they ate then seem gross. Lardie cake was the choice when were living in Oxford. Now Dorset apple cake.

You must try the complementary hush puppies covered in powdered sugar they serve to you as soon as you sit down at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville near us!! :hearteyes:

we love Dixie crossroads.....

helaine

On the Grandeur the DL is just off the South Pacific Lounge where they run Bingo on sea days. On the Grandeur's recent Holiday cruise (12/21 thru 1/2), they opened the South Pacific Lounge to accommodate the overflow. I do not understand why the Serenade wouldn't do this. On Grandeur, they even opened the Concierge Lounge into the Viking Crown Lounge to absorb the overflow... but just to be clear, guests not in a Grand Suite or Pinnacle level were not permitted into that section of Viking.

My wife and I are Diamond Plus, but always sail in Grand Suites on Royal. We are absolutely addicted to the privacy and perks provided by this CL amenity. Royal is not the only one to offer a dedicated lounge, but it is one of the few that provides complimentary drinks. Unless they changed their policy, HAL's Neptune Lounge doesn't, nor does Princess or Disney in their Concierge Lounges.

Neil