RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

It was 5:30 and 7:30 PM on our 11-26-2017 cruise but my reservation in My Cruises still says 8 PM for late seating. I guess we won't know until we see our Sea Passes.

I wonder why Happy Hour is still 4:30 - 8:00?

Will it start ending at 7:30

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting topic, late to the party, but glad to know they are still doing the three drinks for Diamond members in the lounges. That is more than enough for us, no need for unlimited, I do want to know what I'm having for dinner and not pass out in the soup.

As far as the Diamond Lounges, I have used them to get morning coffee, but half the time the machine is broken. I went in one once with my husband soon after we hit the goal, but we are not gad flies, we don't meet and greet well, getting to know our dinner companions is enough for us, so we are quite happy to sit and relax in the Schooner Bar, watch the passers by and imbibe in a few drinks before dinner and chatting with fellow passengers.

Of the Concierges I've met, they are not the friendliest of staffers, so we are happy to bypass them.

On the SeaPass discussion, I usually have a pocket or somewhere to stash my card. I attend a lot of functions where i have to wear a lanyard and I hate them. I refuse to wear one on my vacation.

We usually meet 3 or 4 couples the first night and somehow by then end of the cruise we are sort of bonded with one. Last cruise was Collum and his wife from Australia from the British Isles originally.

As far as the concierges, I agree they have a challenging job trying to handle the whims and needs of some very needy and whimsy people. ;p However, I must say when the weather was too rough for the Ifly the concierge was really helpful getting us flights we wouldn't have gotten without her help. We have had other concierges do other small favors. It really is a nice perk, and despite people saying they don't feel specially treated any more. My experiences are these people really want to give all of the diamonds at least one special touch. I think the more you immerse yourself in the lounge the more you will feel the special touches. That said, I am an extreme low maintenance guy. I don't generally need special attention, in fact I prefer to be ignored, mostly.

JC

My guess, and only a guess, before Royal kicks anyone out of DL, they will first limit drinks to 3, period. This should free up some lounge space. This is a cost savings for Royal and easier on the general population of Diamonds then kicking them out. Less PO’d people.

If this doesn’t free up Space then it will be easy to leave drinks at 3 limit.

Look at Royals financial numbers. Nobody is leaving because of price increases and reduction of FREE perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought 100+ shares of both CCL and RCI 20 ish years ago. Not when it was super cheap, either. I originally bought CCL and my wife bought RCI. Hers is up 200% and mine is up about 70%.

I think RCI is probably doing more right than wrong.

JC

I bought 100+ shares of both CCL and RCI 20 ish years ago. Not when it was super cheap, either. I originally bought CCL and my wife bought RCI. Hers is up 200% and mine is up about 70%.

I think RCI is probably doing more right than wrong.

JC

You got it.

Here’s my humble input. I’m not even CLOSE to being Diamond.......and I’m laughing at all these complaints about the DL....But only cause I DON’T DRINK, so none of this would even matter to me! I cruise cause I absolutely love it....the incredible people u meet from all over the world, the pure fun of being in the middle of the ocean “playing” and just all the opportunities to visit ports . As for being “Diamond”, ....I’d love to b there for no other reason than it meant that I had been cruising for just that much longer, which would mean even more extraordinary memories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here’s my humble input. I’m not even CLOSE to being Diamond.......and I’m laughing at all these complaints about the DL....But only cause I DON’T DRINK, so none of this would even matter to me! I cruise cause I absolutely love it....the incredible people u meet from all over the world, the pure fun of being in the middle of the ocean “playing” and just all the opportunities to visit ports . As for being “Diamond”, ....I’d love to b there for no other reason than it meant that I had been cruising for just that much longer, which would mean even more extraordinary memories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice attitude.

When you make Diamond I'm sure you will enjoy the additional perks available.

Graham.

How come everyone plays CFO and negotiates themselves down while trumpeting their stock price. Yes,stock price and profits are high. Advocate for increase in dividends, share holder benefits, and increased onboard services. What a radical idea

Only 4 white, but 7 holds this year.

Some of our oldest cards are white.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Oh you are right on the white! Bucky loves to keep old sea pass cards. I just found

one from Monarch that was white! Probably cheaper to print them on white cards anyway. ;)

The people that live in florida near a cruise port? :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You talking about the so called Florida P’s? I heard lots of this from several Europeans on Freedom Presidents Cruise out of Barcelona.

What’s it matter? They have the points necessary.

Yes many of us here remember that day very well when as a former Diamonds we could not go to the CL anymore.

Really didn't both me that much since we ended up having so much fun in the "Diamond Event" lounges. The Star lounge on Freedom was our favorite....great times! Then of course RCI scrambled to install the DLs. All worked for me. :)

How come everyone plays CFO and negotiates themselves down while trumpeting their stock price. Yes,stock price and profits are high. Advocate for increase in dividends, share holder benefits, and increased onboard services. What a radical idea

Absolutely in favor of increased onboard services. However, many want to remove revenue areas for Lounges when there are plenty already on the ship.