RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

The Food and Beverage manager on Freedom told me last night they are gradually changing all ships to 530pm or 730pm MDR seating. We have not been able to get in until 745/750 each night.

Royal is having a hard time kicking out the 530 pm dinner stragelers.....

Freedom started this 2 weeks ago and our wait staff hates it. This is the queue last night at 748 pm for our 730 pm dinner time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

eba9f37d8de8b444fa50ce4a94a5f0ca.jpg

Hi Shelton

Hope you enjoy Freedom. I have friends from Scotland on it as well. Joanne and Stuart from Glasgow.

Jewel of the Seas 2 April 2017 (1st leg of B2B). MTD 5:30. Drink vouches excepted each evening. Floating bar staff member taking drink orders.

Jewel of the seas 9 April 2017 (2nd leg of B2B). MTD 5:30 (same table). Drink vouchers not excepted. Different head waiter, waiter and assistant waiter. No floating bar staff member taking drink orders.

Jewel of the Seas 2 April 2017 (1st leg of B2B). MTD 5:30. Drink vouches excepted each evening. Floating bar staff member taking drink orders.

Jewel of the seas 9 April 2017 (2nd leg of B2B). MTD 5:30 (same table). Drink vouchers not excepted. Different head waiter, waiter and assistant waiter. No floating bar staff member taking drink orders.

Yup, as we love to quote Bob....

RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent. :o

Diamonds get their three drink vouchers. Actually thought it was going to that when they introduced those vouchers.

Was not that long ago that Ds were kicked out of the concierge lounges. Now comes Phase two with the obvious overcrowding.

Yes many of us here remember that day very well when as a former Diamonds we could not go to the CL anymore.

It would be interesting to know how many D and above were on first leg and how many were on 2nd leg. After all,it is about meeting budget each cruise while, at the same time, getting good post-cruise ratings.

My guess, and only a guess, before Royal kicks anyone out of DL, they will first limit drinks to 3, period. This should free up some lounge space. This is a cost savings for Royal and easier on the general population of Diamonds then kicking them out. Less PO’d people.

If this doesn’t free up Space then it will be easy to leave drinks at 3 limit.

Look at Royals financial numbers. Nobody is leaving because of price increases and reduction of FREE perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For now.

I know that the number of Pinnacle members is a closely guarded secret but it seems like almost every day I read on here about someone about to reach Pinnacle and/or I see a post from someone that says they are Pinnacle or newly Pinnacle

What you don't hear about is the number of people "leaving".

7:30, really? It was 5:30 and 8:00 in December on Oasis. I don't recall ever seeing 2 hours between seatings in MDR. Always 2 and a half.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It was 5:30 and 7:30 PM on our 11-26-2017 cruise but my reservation in My Cruises still says 8 PM for late seating. I guess we won't know until we see our Sea Passes.