Mini-Suites & 'Upgraded Amenities'

WahooNKS

We are booked in a mini-suite for our upcoming Feb cruise on Royal. I've read several posts that state the amenities in Mini-Suites are the same as all other cabins. The Princess web site shows 'upgraded amenities' for mini-suites when using their onsite booking. So which is it? Trying to decide whether or not to bring our own shampoo, conditioner and soaps. I've read the all-in-one shampoo/conditioner is horrible. So, just trying to save a bit of room in the suitcase if I can!

2079879803_MiniSuiteAmenities.jpeg.6cab00ac088ac0624baf6eb49fc1267b.jpeg

We are booked in a mini-suite for our upcoming Feb cruise on Royal. I've read several posts that state the amenities in Mini-Suites are the same as all other cabins. The Princess web site shows 'upgraded amenities' for mini-suites when using their onsite booking. So which is it? Trying to decide whether or not to bring our own shampoo, conditioner and soaps. I've read the all-in-one shampoo/conditioner is horrible. So, just trying to save a bit of room in the suitcase if I can!

The "upgraded" amenities include 2nd TV and a small bottle of "champagne" (we called it drain opener, because that's what we used it for).

I'm not a fan of the provided shampoo but it does clean your hair. I bring a small tube of conditioner and use it after using the ship provided shampoo. Works great!

There are varying opinions about the soap. The shower has a "body wash", I use it and it's fine. DH uses the small round cake soap that's provided at the sink. If you put that soap in the shower (or just open it for use), your steward will usually leave another one. If he doesn't, just ask.

The "upgraded" amenities include 2nd TV and a small bottle of "champagne" (we called it drain opener, because that's what we used it for).

I'm not a fan of the provided shampoo but it does clean your hair. I bring a small tube of conditioner and use it after using the ship provided shampoo. Works great!

There are varying opinions about the soap. The shower has a "body wash", I use it and it's fine. DH uses the small round cake soap that's provided at the sink. If you put that soap in the shower (or just open it for use), your steward will usually leave another one. If he doesn't, just ask.

JF, thanks for your reply, but I believe in the context above, the 'upgraded amenities' refers to Bath amenities, simply because it's in the same sentence. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I was in a mini suite this past December and I asked my steward for the upgraded amenities as listed on the website, but he never produced. I thought about asking the folks at guest services about this, but didn't want to waste too much of my vacation time while they tried to figure things out.

JF, thanks for your reply, but I believe in the context above, the 'upgraded amenities' refers to Bath amenities, simply because it's in the same sentence. Perhaps I'm wrong.

It appears that there are no upgraded bath amenities ..There was a thread last year where people reported despite the wording for a mini-suite they received nothing different than the balcony rooms received. Some said the towels were upgraded and others said they were of the quality they use at home in the garage.

Years ago you received little bottles of conditoner, shampoo and lotion rather than paper packets but that all changed when the bottles of shower gel and shampoo/condition were placed in the rooms. Possibly someone need to change the description of Mini-Suites.

..if Elite in any cabin you get a little bag containing shower cap, emery board, mitt, eye gel mask, lip balm and linen mist. In addition we received hair condition and multiple tubes of lotion as we used them. No shampoo.

I always find a small bag of toiletry junk in the bathroom -- I do not know if it is due to Elite or mini-suite. I will accept BJS's list of the contents, because I don't think I've ever inventoried it.

I bring my own soap and conditioner, my own moisturizer/lotion, my own toothpaste, nail set, air freshener spray, ....

I use the provided shampoo, and it cleans my hair very well. I am pretty sure I used the "body wash" as shampoo by mistake once, and it too cleaned my hair.

It appears that there are no upgraded bath amenities ..There was a thread last year where people reported despite the wording for a mini-suite they received nothing different than the balcony rooms received. Some said the towels were upgraded and others said they were of the quality they use at home in the garage.

Years ago you received little bottles of conditoner, shampoo and lotion rather than paper packets but that all changed when the bottles of shower gel and shampoo/condition were placed in the rooms. Possibly someone need to change the description of Mini-Suites.

..if Elite in any cabin you get a little bag containing shower cap, emery board, mitt, eye gel mask, lip balm and linen mist. In addition we received hair condition and multiple tubes of lotion as we used them. No shampoo.

I am glad you mentioned Elite. I am Elite and in mini suites so I thought the little bag was the ever improved fancy amenities for mini suite. Opps1

Thanks

Diana

We were on Royal last April in a standard balcony, then this past month in a mini-suite. The only upgrade we could determine was the quality of the towels was better in the mini-suite. The soap and shampoo was same in both cabins. Although you are supposed to receive champagne on embarkation day in your mini-suite cabin, none was offered to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Royal last April in a standard balcony, then this past month in a mini-suite. The only upgrade we could determine was the quality of the towels was better in the mini-suite. The soap and shampoo was same in both cabins. Although you are supposed to receive champagne on embarkation day in your mini-suite cabin, none was offered to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I seriously doubt that they have better towels for minis. The stewards are servicing minis and interiors, and I’m sure you’ve seen the carts they have to use. When we sailed last December, we had new towels and brand new robes, just a coincidence I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

We always book a mini, if we want something we ask for it, sometimes have to talk to floor supervisors to get it. they continually have cut back... we are elite. have 27 cruises ... like the mini for the space, like the older ships too, just got of the Grand.

I bring my own hair products & hand body lotion on all cruises + a little bottle of spray soap, which I leave, for the sink. Handy & fast. These items hardly take up much room in your suitcase 🤓