Ovation Speciality Dining Package.

Why have the cover charge eateries then Mic, if they are for the select few, then no fear of 'overbooking.' Let us go back to the days of MDR and buffet. Well in my early days, there was not even a buffet, save for the odd deck buffet. Talking about the 60's, 1960's NOT 1860's, lol.:')

The demand is still high as they provide options to the MDR and especially the buffet. As for the 60's I wouldn't know but I think presently and the future are the good day for cruising, rather than what it was even 20 years ago.

They can get burgers in the buffet for free, in addition JRs is a dining experience, a meal / snack with a show.

Chuck the Noodle House out and put in JR's, get those burgers going !!!:p

I have friends and their family sailing on Ovation this afternoon, 8 nights, Adelaide, Hobart, not sure where else. I will get their opinions. They told me it was a full ship, plenty of kids.

It's kind of crazy but I'm feeling pressure to buy into the specialty restaurants - it's as if I'll be missing out? I have bought a night at Chops Grille for a decent price (and because the menu suits us) but seriously, there is so much food on a cruise ship without spending extra. I'm no great foodie and am happy with the normal food offered as long as there are good, healthy choices.
I like going to a specialty restaurant for an occasion but do not see the need to go just for the sake of it. As you say, there is lots of good food without having to pay extra. That said, I do and have bought a dining package but it is for several occasions.:D

If some-one has done CCL & RCL. Is Johnny Rockets Way Way better then Guy's Burgers?? For the price you pay.. Thinking about doing a second RCL cruise. After 14 with CCL.. I love Hamburgers.. Thank You.

I'd rate the quality of the burgers pretty closely. Shame Guy's isn't open for dinner. Wife and I would go up every day for lunch, I'd get the burger and she'd either get a burger or a burrito.